Ponyboy Imagine

(Your POV)

It was mid-summer and most teenagers were getting in trouble in the hot sun. Not my boyfriend, Ponyboy and I! We didn't want to do what the gang was doing either. We couldn't get in trouble like Dallas, we didn't have jobs like Darry, Steve, and Soda, and we couldn't get drunk like Two-Bit every day. We just hung out at the vacant lot reading books, talking, and kissing.

Every once in a while Johnny would join us. Once we finish a book we walk to the library. Today we were reading To Kill A Mockingbird. Ponyboy and I had our own copies to read on our own but still at the same time. We read the book on the grass of the vacant lot.

I just turned the page onto Chapter 10.

"Where are you?" I asked him referring the book.

"What?" Pony looked up from the book.

"In the book." I clarified.

"Oh. I'm starting Chapter 11." He answered.

"Ahhh!" I panicked.

"What?" He asked.

"I'm just starting Chapter 10!" I answered skimming the page.

"Want me to wait for you?" He offered.

"Please!" I said skimming the pages.

Then we took a break after I read and discussed about the book and we predicted what the gang was doing. Then we went back to reading for awhile.

"What chapter you on, Theresa?" Pony asked me.

"Almost finished with 15." I replied turning into the last page.

"I'm on 17." He smiled.

"Stop reading fast!"I complained freaking out. He laughed at my tantrum.

"Want me to read you Chapter 16?" I asked.

"Would you?" I gave him puppy-dog eyes.

"Of course." He smiled then he leaned over and kissed me on the lips.

"Okay Chapter 16-"He flipped back a couple pages. Then I read along with him.