chapter three • greetings from california

don't forget to vote and comment! i love you <3

TW: DEATH

August Matthews
Monday, August 30th

Never in a million years did I expect that Anastasiya would be back here, I also didn't expect her to look like that.

She's fucking stunning.

I'm not going to lie and say I haven't been checking her out all day, like at lunch seeing her laugh with Aubrey and her boyfriend or watching her hair sway across her back as she walked down the hallway and out of the school building at the end of the day.

I saw her getting on that bus and I had to stop her, I couldn't go any more time without being close to her or talking to her.

Besides our first and only encounter where I hit on her like she was just some random new girl whose pants I wanted into and not the girl I've been in love with my whole life.

That leads us to now where I'm standing outside her childhood bedroom waiting for her to get dressed so we can catch up. The childhood bedroom where we and Aubrey used to build giant pillow forts and watch Disney movies till past our bedtime, the childhood bedroom where we had to bandage her cuts up in secret because according to our mom's cuts and bruises were unladylike.

So many moments stolen from us by a 3,000-mile distance and seven years apart.

Her door opens and she looks absolutely adorable, her long dirty blonde hair is up in a bun on the top of her head, her bangs splayed over her forehead and a pair of clear wide-rimmed glasses cover those gray eyes.

My eyes trail downwards to her outfit, a large dark red crewneck sweatshirt and little pink pajama shorts with hearts on them covering up her body but not her legs. Smooth tan legs stretch for what seems to be miles as I redirect my gaze back up her body and into her eyes.

"You done staring, pretty boy? Get in here." She grabs my arm again and pulls me back into the room. She thinks I'm pretty?

"I'm coming, I'm coming jeez woman." I surrender, putting my hands up and following her into her room.