chapter thirty two • hospital

dont forget to vote and comment!! i love u <3

Anastasiya Greyson
Friday, December 24th

I'm turning 10 today!

Yesterday I had a super big party in the backyard. my mom and Aubrey's mom, who's basically my second mom, spent the whole morning setting up the party. They blew up balloons, put streamers across the monkey bars, and covered all the tables with thick confetti.

My pile of presents was so huge I swear I could jump into it like a pile of snow but when I tried my daddy grabbed my shoulder really hard and told me that's not what respectable little girls do.

I'm kind of scared of my daddy sometimes and I don't think I've ever seen him smile at anyone besides the men who wear suits like him.

I could talk for forever about my cake.

The chef made my cake double chocolate and decorated it with mini cinnamon rolls because they're my favorite. Even if stupid Madison Johnson tried to blow out my candles before Aubrey grabbed her wrist and dragged her away nothing could have made me any less happy about what happened next.

August kissed me! On the cheek!

After I blew out my candles he handed me a huge slice of cake and leaned down to kiss me. He's totally the cutest boy in the whole school. Being his friend is so fun but I hope when we get to middle school we could be boyfriend and girlfriend and then we can hold hands and go to the movies.

The smell of waffles invades my senses as I think about yesterday and August.

I almost forgot-

It's my birthday!

Every year on my birthday mommy makes me my favorite cinnamon sugar waffles with so much sugar on top of them. They are the best.

I quickly get dressed and race down to the kitchen but instead of my mom singing in the kitchen while over the waffle maker she stands stiffly over to the side with her fingers curled around a coffee mug and a look on her face that she uses when I go to timeout. it's pointed at daddy who smiles down at me in a scary way, pushing the regular, and not cinnamon sugar, waffles in front of me along with a boat of syrup on the side.