chapter nineteen • honeymoon phase

don't forget to vote and comment!! i love you <3

August Matthews
Monday, November 1st

Anastasiya is my girlfriend. She is mine. It's just so hard to wrap my head around the fact that she's mine, that I can kiss her whenever I want and we can cuddle without a reason.

Last night was amazing. She was dressed up in a pink tutu, a white fleece cropped sweater with a giant pink bow in her hair looking as adorable as ever, and her getting along with Gracie is one of my favorite things to see.

Pulling her further into my chest as the sunlight filters through the windows I let out a groan, and inhale her scent, the faint vanilla easing all of my problems. I hear her squirm in my arms, only making me pull her in closer, giving her a kiss on the crown of her head, "good morning."

She tilts her head to look up at me, "good morning, now let me go I have to go pee." She grumbles squirming more in my arms as I finally give up my fight and let her go.

Catching my eye as she gets out from under my covers, she's wearing my shirt and my sweatpants that are absolutely drowning her slim frame. God, she's so beautiful.

I hop up behind her and follow her into the bathroom where she's brushing her teeth with the toothbrush I keep here for her, circling my arms around her waist, she jumps slightly looking into my eyes in the mirror. I place my head on her shoulder just watching her do probably the most mundane thing a human can do, but I'm just totally in awe of her.

She wriggles herself out of my grasp again to finish her bathroom routine, and I do mine as well before she comes in front of me and puts her hands on my shoulders, swaying up slightly in the threshold of my bathroom door.

"Hi." She whispers, looking deep into my eyes.

"Hi." I whisper back, leaning down and slowly connecting our lips together. How it should've gone on homecoming night, dancing with my girl while she was in that dress and cutting off anyones head that looked at her the wrong way.