chapter thirty seven • supergirl

don't forget to vote and comment!! I love you <3

Anastasiya Greyson
Tuesday, March 1st

We've all been hurt the last two weeks. Gracie's death was one that hurt everyone close to her, I've never seen so many crying first graders as I did at her funeral, and I've never seen a parent so broken from everything as Jade and Todd Matthews were and still are.

They are mourning the loss of their daughter...

And their son, in a way.

August has been completely MIA since his sister's death. He hasn't answered anyone's texts, not from me, his mom, Trent, or his coach. He didn't show up to the funeral. He hasn't shown up to school or basketball practice. His car is still sitting idle in his parent's driveway with the keys still in the bowl from that day when we got home from school. Any place we normally hang out around town has said that they haven't seen him.

Complete radio silence as if he's the one who died and not his bubbly and energetic 6-year-old sister.

I've been over to the Matthews's house every day after school. Obviously trying to help parents that feel more like my own than my actual father but also for the sliver of hope that when I walk through their door, he's gonna be sitting on the couch like nothing happened.

Of course, something did happen. And I'm pissed.

His sister died not even five minutes before he decided to peace out and I held his mom in my arms for hours in the hospital room waiting for Todd to show up from work because neither of us were fit to drive.

I've seen her every afternoon going through mundane tasks like cleaning the house with a look on her face that seems like she's going to break any second. I've seen her try to do laundry but every time an item of Gracie's clothes is in the mix she collapses to the floor clinging to the scent of Gracie on her clothes.

I saw Todd finally try to go back to work yesterday but he came home as fast as he left. Silently crying while muttering under his breath about how he should have been there for her and how he should have loved the time he had with her instead of working so much. I've seen him trying to put on a brave face for his wife while he silently cries outside of her view.