chapter forty three • prom

don't forget to vote and comment!! I love you <3

Anastasiya Greyson
Saturday, May 21st

The honking of a car outside my window kicks me into action. I grab the garment bag that has my prom dress in it along with my shoes and makeup bag before running downstairs and out the door.

I squeal in unison with the girls once I emerge from the house, popping open the trunk to lay my dress bag on top of theirs and then climbing into the backseat of Aubrey's car.

"I can't believe it's actually prom!" Aubrey yells the second the car door is closed behind me.

"I can't believe someone actually asked me to the prom." Ridley adds in, turning in the passenger seat to face me.

Aubrey turns on the radio, cheesy pop music now blaring from the speakers of her car as the three of us drive down the winding road back to her house. "Why wouldn't he ask you? you're a total smoke show in your little adorable way."

Ridley just snorts and turns around to turn down the music to non-ear-shattering levels, our chatter shifting to everything else prom related. From how excited we are for getting into the limo to whose after party we're going to.

When we finally pull into Aubrey's driveway the three of us tear open her car doors and do giddy little steps to the trunk so we can grab our dress bags and our shoes. Her front door bursts open as the three of us cross the threshold into the house, bursting with chatter.

"Anastasiya, you gonna let me take you to prom?" Jace is leaning with his elbow on the couch and his pajamas he still hasn't changed out of, a self-assured smirk on his face.

"Still have a boyfriend." I reply, "and I'm three years too old for you."

"What about you, Ridley? You, me a magical night."

"Im already going with Trent, sorry Jace." She answers in her polite and shy way.

"Better not ask someone else," Aubrey starts, never missing a chance to poke fun at her little brother, "because then it would be three strikes and you would be outttttt!" She gets all up in his face, making the arm motion for an out in baseball.