epilogue • vegas

don't forget to vote and comment!!! I love you <3

Anastasiya Greyson
2 Years Later

It's been almost two years of therapy 3 times a week, paid for by my lovely and super hot boyfriend I feel like I've fully dismantled almost all the pain and fear that my father caused me. My therapist said I've finally "graduated" from my therapy program and I can move my appointments to just once every two weeks for a check-up to make sure everything is going smoothly.

After my whole wedding incident, I moved in with August and his parents up until about two months ago when he completed his associate's in business management. After he got his degree we moved out to an apartment in the city so that he can be closer to his new office. He's started training with his dad to take over the company within the next couple of years and I spend my days either going to therapy, spending time with August's mom who's still working through the issues of her daughter's death through therapy or working on assignments for my own degree.

I didn't realize how much I wanted to further my education until I had the option to. I'm taking it really slow so I can still enjoy every aspect of my new life and it will probably take me 5 or 6 years to complete but it's going to be all mine. A shiny bachelor's degree with my name written on it.

A key jingles in the lock and it comes bursting open a second later, August strolling into our sunny loft apartment a second later. Our apartment is sunny and spacious, with tons of exposed brick and a metal spiral staircase that leads up to our lofted bedroom.

He puts his work backpack on one of the kitchen stools and meets my eyes as I stare at him from over the back of the couch. Shrugging off his suit jacket as well he strides over to me with a bigger smile than he usually has and I can't tell if it's from the fact that he's happy to see me or if it's because it's Friday.

Laying his jacket on the back of the couch and greeting me with a, "hello, my love." He kisses me on the forehead and plops down onto the couch next to me, his whole body jittery and filled with nerves.

"Is everything ok?" I ask, slightly timid from his nervous posture.

"Everything is perfect." He says with a grin, "I have somewhere I want to take you for the weekend, can you go pack a bag?"