chapter forty five • mrs. romanov

don't forget to vote and comment!!! I love you <3

Anastasiya Greyson
Saturday, August 27th

I truly cannot believe that I'm getting married today, and not good disbelief.

Although I wish I was walking down the aisle to the man I loved, with my girls right next to my side being my bridesmaids and crying like crazy. I've learned that that just wasn't the life that was chosen for me.

The wedding venue my father and Brielle picked out for me is a very gorgeous chapel. It's huge with large windows that filter in the golden light, the pews are decorated with dusty pink ribbons and mesh, and the entrance to the chapel and where I'll be walking down the aisle from is situated in a large dome shape with a peak at the top sectioning off a red stained glass window of a heart that's placed above the door.

As beautiful as the venue is, the only emotion I feel is regret. regret that My best friend isn't going to see me get married or at any point in my life after that. Regret that the man I'm marrying isn't the man I'm in love with and I can never see him again, and regret that nobody important to me is here on the day that's supposed to be the most special day of your life.

None of my dreams will come true because I'll be taking care of my husband's children while he achieves his.

This isn't the life I would have chosen in 1000 years but this is the life I'm living, and I have to accept my future.

The groomsmen of my soon-to-be husband are standing by the entrance of the chapel awaiting their wives who are getting ready with me in one of the chapel's side rooms. Since my only two girlfriends were not approved to be a bridesmaid by my father and my future husband, the wives of my husband's friends are my bridesmaids.

With these women I didn't know I didn't get things like an engagement party, a bachelorette party, laughing and dress shopping, or going through stressful yet exciting wedding planning. Instead, I got side whispers, sad looks, and everything about my wedding chosen by someone other than me.

I stood in the center of the dim room looking back at myself, nowhere is the girl from three months ago who was living the life of a confident teenager with her best friends and the man she loves, ready to take on the world.