six.

"emilio," el whispered as she opened his door.

"he's at practice," emerson walked past and told him. she frowns and turns back, "but it's 11, he should be home."

"late night practise," he wrapped an arm around her shoulder before kissing her hair, "wanna do something fun, sunshine?"

she shook her head, "nah.. i just wanted someone to cuddle with. i'm going to find eli," she stood up to meet his cheek then pressed a small kiss to his skin, "goodnight, love you,"

"why won't you cuddle with me?" he asked in fake hurt as she walked away. with a smile, she turned back, "you don't even like to cuddle, emerson. my wombmate does," she gave another wave before she hugged the blanket close and ran off to eli's room.

once she reached his door, she quickly opened it. eli had the biggest room in the house, excluding their parents.

he was the favourite so it was obvious that he'd get everything nice.

"wombmate," she whispered into the room and eli stirred, "what?"

"cuddles. my room." she continued to whisper and he slowly sat up, "give me a sec," he murmured tiredly and grabbed his blanket.

she waited for him to stand up and for him to drag his feet out of his room before he reached her and slumped down to her shoulder.

"i'm so tired," he mumbled as she laughed quietly and dragged him to her room.

"apparently emilio is still out, it's so late." she told him, "what if he got into an accident?"

"he will be fine. i saw his ass stumble back at 2am before. hes good," he told her as they laid down on her bed.

"okay but—"

"i know you love him and i'm not going to dwell on how you don't ask if i'm okay but he's fine." he told her and places the blanket over the both of them.

he then pulled her closer and she laid down against his chest, "i do ask if you're okay.. you're just not here when i do,"

"is that so?" he asked and wrapped his arms around her. he leaned down to kiss her hair before he frowned, "hey, where'd you get that?" he inspected the cut he saw with the small light in the room.

"i fell," she lied, "coming home from school,"

he sighed out and cupped her face, "you clumsy idiot. i thought i was the clumsy twin!"

she let out a small giggle then moved away. "okay, let's sleep now," she mumbled.

"stop falling, el, i will stay clumsy enough for us," he told her and she nodded and poked his face, "don't be clumsy. the girls won't like you anymore."

"i don't fucking need them," he huffed out and laid his head down to her hair, "i got you."

"mhm," she hummed happily then smiled, "go to bed, you're tired."

"hey, you're the one who woke me up,"

"ass," she muttered.

"i got a big one," he smirked which caused her to shove him and pull the covers up, "you're so goddamn annoying."

"night, sis," he said in a teasing tone and looked down at her.

"goodnight."

*

"morning, buttercup," elliot walked past and pressed a kiss to el's cheek, "did you sleep well?"

"with eli crushing me? hell no," she teased with a laugh as they walked side by side down the stairs.