ten.

"why aren't you at practice and in my room?" el asked as she walked out of her bathroom to see eli on her bed.

he shrugged when she went to grab her phone before she joined him on the bed.

"i don't even like practice." eli mumbled.

though they had so many siblings, eli still felt more comfortable talking to el. perhaps it was because they were twins but regardless, he would always go to el.

"i thought you loved football. you told me you loved it." el turned to him and asked.

"no." eli muttered, "i don't like it."

"then what do you like?" she couldn't help but wonder.

she always thought eli loved football.

"promise you won't laugh?" eli whispered and el smiled, "of course i won't. tell me."

"i wanna..." he trailed off and el laid down to his shoulder.

"i wanna do ballet."

"ballet?" she echoed. "since when?"

"since i saw you performing." he said with the smallest smile.

el basically tried everything and flawlessly to get her parents attention. piano, ballet, jazz, hip hop, harp, everything.

like everything.

but her parents barely cared.

"why didn't you tell me? i would've—"

"you think moms gonna let? she says ballet is a feminine thing. i'm destined to do a sport like the others." eli said, "football is the only thing i can do."

"i can teach you in private, you can still dance. you might not get to do it forever but you can at least try," she told him, "would you like that?"

"hell yeah! i wanna do those pirouettes. you looked so beautiful doing it, i wanna do it too," he said in a dreamy tone and laid back on the pillow.

"don't worry, i'll teach you." she promised him, "but you gotta teach me math because i'm aiming for a c and not that giant f on my report."

he let out a laugh, "of course, sis. i'll help you bring that grade right up to a nice c."

"but i don't get it, you copy my homework, how do still fail?"

"because i don't bother to copy the giant paragraph you write. i simplify it to a sentence because why not," she told him which made him shake his head and sigh out.

"my god,"

*

"i hate facetimes," mike said as he picked up the phone.

el smiled and set her phone against something on her desk, "then why'd you pick up, dumbass?"

"because it was you," he simply said and she held her heart and smiled, "aww!"

"your room is so fucking boring," he insulted her, "all white and shit."

"yeah, i'm not allowed to decorate it like the others. have to keep it white for people to come over since it's more 'elegant' this way." she said quietly before she changed the subject.

"you know why i called you?" she asked and he shook his head, "no, not really. i assume to annoy?"

"nope," she laughed and then went off camera to grab something.

she came back into view with a paper sailors hat on her head and smiled, "look what i did with my failed english essay!"

he laughed and covered his face, "wait hold up, let me do that." he grabbed some random paper from his homework pile.