twenty-three.

"you did not," emerson turned to el with a warning look as she leans against the railings of the second floor, "i did." she watched over the guests with a smirk.

"moms going to kill you," he said as she began to walk downstairs.

he followed behind her as she responded, "that's the whole point," she opened the front door and smirked once he saw mike in a tux.

"hey cupcake," she greeted as he smirked and looked her up and down, "nice to see you, dove," he then handed something into her hands without emerson or anyone else seeing.

she closed it in her palm then turned her wrist and opened it to show him how it disappeared.

"come on now," she dragged him in and held his hand.

walking past a caterer her parents hired to serve, she grabbed two glasses of champagne then handed one to mike.

"let's go upstairs," she said and walked upstairs with him behind.

he couldn't help but grin at the view of her back and how that dress of hers hugged her figure perfectly liked a glove.

she looked so goddamn hot.

she leaned against the railings of the second floor and he stood next to her as he watched the guests from a floor above.

"who is this guy?" he mumbled and she tilted her champagne flute at a man downstairs, "there. i asked elijah to lure him away as i get my parents all mad. they'll never notice. eli will step in and i get some alone time with him in a room."

"my moms already pissed my scars aren't covered up fully but who the fuck is going to lean close into my arm and point out the bumps," she scoffed and took his unfinished flute to finish.

he didn't even care and watched her finish it before he took the flutes from her.

"well you are fucking beautiful and that's all that matters," he whispered close to her and smiled out, "thank you," she tilted her head and considering how she was in pretty high heels, she just needed to tilt her head a bit before she met his lips.

"el!" terry shouted from downstairs, "come greet abigail and her daughter."

"that's my cue to be better than an oscar winning actress," el told him and walked downstairs as mike followed.

she held then railing as she walked and mike saw how she was struggling a bit so he extended his hand to her, "just in case you trip."

"i'm not that clumsy," she rolled her eyes and walked away from the stairs to her mother and the woman standing in front of her.

"hi abigail," el put on a smile and made sure to hold mike close who was busy dumping the empty flutes on a tray.

el could sense how angry her mother was and she smirked and clenched fist together which made her mother straighten up.

once mike noticed the green starting to glow, his eyes closed for a second and his fingers from his two separate hands twist over each other to make it invisible to others.

"oh you're all grown," abigail grinned at her and then looked at mike, "and who's this young man?"

"my boyfriend," el answered flatly before smiling, "excuse me for a moment," she tugged mike along and to the kitchen to catch elliot.

"you won't use it right?" he asked her as she rolled her eyes, "i got a knife, it depends."

she watched as how surrounded she was and she turned to mike, "can you stop time real quick for everyone except for us?"