twenty-four.

emerson understood where el was coming from.

the sadness turning into anger and it was turning into an urge for revenge.

he knew she wouldn't be able to stop it now.

he just wanted to make sure she wouldn't go too far before something does go wrong.

honestly, he was glad that she now had mike. he knew she was at least happy with someone and though he encouraged her behaviour, emerson knew mike wouldn't let el go too far.

it was now late at night, el just now returned from a day spent with mike and she knew she needed to be quiet because of how quiet the house was.

once she step foot into the house, she already got a bad feeling.

"not so quick,"

el exhales and turned. she only looked up at her father then blinked blankly, "what? i'm tired. if you're going to hit me, slap me. just do it. i don't care."

"oh, you're not getting off the hook that easily. you ruined that party—"

"by doing what? all i did was dance and—"

he slapped her across the face. "don't cut me off when i'm speaking," he grabbed her arm roughly, "now you listen closely to me, young lady. you ruined that night for everyone. you didn't wear the dress we told you to, you looked like a whore dancing with that man."

"i was not a whore!" she shouted as her voice cracked.

he twisted her arm which made her scream.

"you were. now get upstairs! i don't want to fucking see you," he shoved her towards the stairs as she gasped and held onto the railing so she wouldn't trip.

"you birthed me," she breathed out and she walked upstairs.

he laughed, "we didn't fucking want you," he commented with a mocking laugh as she wiped her tears.

they didn't want me. they wanted eli only.

she took a deep breath as she entered her room. she needed to be strong.

to be strong.

but today she couldn't. it was the most exhausting thing to mask away your your emotions under a tough mask.

she wished she could just cry without a care in the world.

as she laid down on her bed, she grabbed her phone and went to text mike.

she walked herself home so he should be home by now.

el: you home?

mike: yep, why? are you?

el: yeah and i kinda wanna jump off the empire state building rn. or lay on the highway.

at least she was finally talking to someone about these thoughts.

mike: el, what the fuck happened?

el: well i didn't take my meds this morning so theres that.

el: and i don't get how i can remember everything starting from the age of 3. some people forget and i wish i was like that so i don't have to remember every insult and every piece of me they broke.

el: anyways.... i'm kinda hungry but we already ate haha. maybe i should throw it up and eat smt else haha

mike: can you call right now?

el: was gonna hop in the shower and give myself a makeover. call tmr?

mike: my question was rhetorical.