fifteen.

"hi wombmate," eli murmured and smiled at el who still laid unconscious on the bed.

"i brought mcdonald's today," he said and set the takeout on his lap, "our favourite happy meal!" he tried to put on a bright tone.

emilio walked in, "i like it's about time for me to throw the doctor off the roof," he sat down on an extra chair and lit up a cigarette, "fuck this place, i'm taking her to a better hospital."

"will you stop being so dramatic?" emerson asked, "he only asked who her legal guardian was and who he should call if something were to happen,"

the doctor did assume that her parents weren't her legal guardians considering how they were never here and only her brothers were.

he assumed emerson was.

and emerson has always wanted to be her legal guardian but their parents are still alive and all the papers are really hard to do if they don't cooperate.

"him saying that meant he assumed something would happen to her," emilio scoffed and muttered, "he needs to watch his tongue."

"and you need to watch your anger issues before something happens." emerson warned.

"can the both of you just shut up?" eli asked them in annoyance, "i don't care about the damn doctor. he said she'll wake today but look at her! not awake."

"he said the minimum is a day." emerson corrected, "she was seriously injured, she is in a coma."

"fuck that shit!" eli exclaimed and ate a fry, "come on, el wake up. see, it's a fry." he frowned when there wasn't a respond.

eli leaned forward to fix el's hair, "we can play tic tac toe.." he suggested, thinking that'll make her wake up.

he sighed out and continued to eat his fries before he laid his head on the extra space of the bed and kissed her hand with a smile.

just as he sat up and was about to speak up once more, the door opened and all of them quickly turned their heads.

"fuck,"

eli looked at him and furrowed his brows, "i know you.."

"no shit dumb fuck, i'm in your spanish class." mike remarked and rolled his eyes.

"don't call my brother a dumb fuck, who the fuck are you!?" emilio scoffed and looked him up and down as mike entered.

"mike," he said and stood near the bed before he looked el up and down. gently, he caressed her hand and his eyes closed.

"what the fuck are you doing?" eli mumbled and scolded.

"don't distrust me or i'll make you think you're in antarctica and you're freezing to death," mike murmured as he scoffed, "fucking—"

mike snapped his fingers in front of his eyes and smirked.

eli froze then shivered before his teeth chattered. "so cold, so goddamn cold."

emerson furrowed his eyebrows and shook eli's shoulder, "oi, little bro!"

"you can't snap him out," mike simply stated, "it's not possible unless i or el does it."

at that emilio looks up, "el?"

"please, shes more powerful than me. what can she not do?" mike snapped his fingers once more to snap eli out of his trance.

"oh my god," emilio stood up and tapped emerson on the shoulder with a look.

"what?" emerson asked and emilio pulled him out, "gotta talk."