The Jasmine Dragon

(Y/N) POV

Two days had past. When Zuko's fever went down, we moved out to our new apartement in the Upper Ring. Today was a great day. The opening of Dad's tea shop was today. Dad and I were in living room, Dad was cooking and I was sitting at the window sill looking at the city. Then Zuko came in yawning.

"Good morning Zuko.", I greeted.
"Good morning (Y/N).", he greeted back then asked Dad, "What's that smell?"
"It's jook. I'm sure you wouldn't like it.", Dad answered.

Zuko inhaled the steam of the jook.
"Actually, it smells delicious. I'd love a bowl, Uncle.", Zuko praised holding a bowl.
I was shocked.

He's smiling?! HE'S SMILLING?!

Dad looks at him weirdly.
"Now that your fever is gone, you seem different, somehow.", he brought out.
"It's a new day. We've got a new apartement, new furniture. And today's the Grand Opening of your new tea shop. Things are looking up, Uncle.", Zuko said sipping on his bowl.
Dad was as shocked as me but then smiled.

Zuko's POV

I looked at the window then turned at (Y/N). She had wide eyes and opened mouth.
"Are you alright, (Y/N)?"
"Who are you and what have you done to Zuko?", she asked me.
"What do you mean?"
"I mean, you look ..."
"Changed?", I cut her off smiling.
She nodded smiling too.

I took her hand, pulled her to me hugging her tight. She returned it. Pulling away, I kissed her. She kissed back. Then we heard someone gasp. We pulled away. Uncle was watching us.

"We should've told him.", (Y/N) said.
"Yes."
"Care to explain?", Uncle asked.
"Well, Dad, we have kissed when I ran after Zuko."
"The day when he wanted to look for his own lightning?"
(Y/N) and I nodded waiting for his reaction.

Suddenly Uncle took hugged us.
"I'm so happy for you two.", Uncle said.
We hugged him back.
"Well, we shouldn't waste time. We should go down and open the shop."

Time Skip

(Y/N) POV

A few hours later, the Jasmine Dragon was filling with people. Dad, Zuko and I were looking how the customers were coming in.

"Who thought when we came to this city as refugees, that I'd end up owning my own tea shop? Follow your passion, kids. And life will reward you."
"Congratulations, Uncle / Dad.", Zuko and I felicitated.
"I am very thankful."
"You deserve it.The Jasmine Dragon will be the best tea shop in the city." Zuko said.
"Yeah.", I agreed.
"No, I'm thankful because you two decided to share this special day with me. It means more than you know. And seeing you two together, makes me more happy."

Instead of Dad hugging us, we hugged him.

"Now let's make these people some tea.", Zuko said pulling away.
"Yes! Let's make some tea!", Dad cheered.
I laughed at his goofiness.

Time Skip

I was waiting by the door for the next customer but turned looking at Zuko how he was serving tea. I couldn't stop smiling.

I completed my mission. Zuko has changed.

"Table for two, please.", someone said behind me.
"Of course!", I turned around then my eyes widened seeing who it was, "Katara!"
"(Y/N)!"
"Uncle, I need two jasmine, one green, and one lychee.", Zuko then shouted at Dad.
"I'm brewing as fast as I can.", he said.
Katara was shocked to see them.
"Katara, he changed. Please you have to believe me.", I begged her.
But she ran away.
"Katara!", I ran after her but she was already too far.

I walked back into the shop. Zuko was waiting for me.
"Are you alright?"
"Yes, I'm alright."
He wanted to kissed but my hand on his mouth to stop him.
"Don't you have customers to serve?", I smirked.

In the evening

We were cleaning around the shop. Dad and I cleaned the tables, Zuko swept the floor. Then a man came in.

"A message from the royal palace.", he announced.
Dad took the scroll opening it.
"I ... I can't believe it."
"What is it, Uncle?", Zuko asked.
"Great news ... We've been invited to serve tea to the Earth King." Dad answered running away probably to prepare everything for tomorrow.

Smiling from the great news, Zuko continued sweeping the floor while I finished cleaning the tables. But I also had a bad feeling about these news. That it could be a trap.

Will (Y/N) be right about that trap?