Chapter - 17

Happy reading, honey buns!

Ekantha quickly got ready for work and left from home to catch an auto or bus. She hated being late. As if God wanted her to play a game of being late, the bus came around half an hour later which made her late to her work.

She quickly got down from bus, and rushed to the school, literally ran while trying to act like walking. The prayer was going on and she went and stood behind Asmita.

"Oh god, you're here! Thank god I thought I made you work late night and you overslept",Asmita said and Ekantha nodded a No.

"The usual bus was late, I know a lame excuse but it really did happen",she said sincerely.

"I understand, but the late mark is marked for today dear. Three late marks is equal to half day salary gone so keep that in mind",she said and Ekantha nodded.

Soon the prayer time was done and all the kids went back to classes. They were back in their cabins. Asmita asked Ekantha if she could handle the social media page of the school, it helps in promotions during the admissions. Also the students might feel excited to get featured in their school social media page.

Ekantha was quite sceptical about it, she had never done it before of course it's all about learning, even the work she was doing now was something she never did before. She was willing to learn, she was just a bit confused whether to grab the opportunity or not. She asked Asmita if she can get back to her by the next day and Asmita approved it.

She was given the teacher's Provident Fund (PF) sheet and needs to tally the whole work of past one year. She got engrossed in it. The men were taking care of the parents who came to remit their fee dues. Asmita had to go out for some official work given by the principal.

It was lunch time and as Navin and Kiran  were still trying to get along with her. Asmita was nowhere to be seen so they three sat together and started having their lunch.

"Ekantha, right?",Navin asked.

"Hmm",she nodded.

"How's it here?",Navin asked.

"It's good!",she replied.

It was quite awkward to have a conversation. They completed lunch quickly and her phone was on silent mode. A little girl from the kindergarten came to the office room crying. Of course her teacher came after her trying to pacify her.

The little girl looked around and went towards Ekantha. Ekantha looked at her with a warm smile. She took slow steps towards her and looked at her with a cute face.

"What do you want little girl?",she asked in a polite and sweet tone.

"Call dadda, me wants go home",she said glaring at her teacher.

Ekantha chuckled at her words.

"I will surely call your father, here take this chocolate and go and sit in your class. Your father will come and pick you up",she said.