Chapter - 34

Happy reading, honey buns!

Not edited or proofread

************

"Ekantha, what a surprise!",Mayuri said.

Mayuri was in a state of shock and surprise, coming out of it mentally smacking herself for making Ekantha stand at the door step she says ,"Come in please"

Ekantha was getting restless and just wanted to confirm if Abhi was doing okay or not and when she asked Anika if it would be wrong of her to visit him, Anika ended up encouraging her to meet him as that would only prevent any further misunderstandings from happening.

Ekantha took slow steps after Mayuri, her eyes roamed around the house. It was her first time coming here and maybe who knew she would stay here forever. It felt all new to her, there was a foreign feeling building within her as she scanned the surroundings.

Her eyes landed on the photo frames and she took steps towards it.

There was a family picture in the middle, on either sides there were few childhood pictures of Abhimanyu and Mayuri, followed by a few certifications that Abhi recieved. Last but not the least, there were a few pictures of Abhi and Mayuri only which seemed a bit recent type photo shoot. A small smile crept on her face looking at the pictures.

"Ekantha, what a surprise! Why are you still standing, dear? Come, sit",Vishalakshi said entering the living room.

"Namasthe aunty",she said and bent to take blessings from her.

Vishalakshi blessed her and made her stand. She felt something was off with Ekantha,it was written on her face all over.

She made her sit on the couch, and asked Mayu to get something for her.

"Aunty, no I mean I am sorry! I just wanted to see if Abhi is at home? He wasn't answering calls or texts which made me quite worried. So I came to check on him, I'm sorry for bothering you",she said slowly biting her lips.

"What is there to bother in this, Ekantha? We are your family as well and there is no time restrictions for you to come and go in this home. Oh, and I forgot to inform you that Abhi is down with fever dear that's the reason he wasn't answering any calls. I had to inform you in the morning when I talked to your mother but it just slipped out of my mind. You must have been so worried, I'm sorry dear",Vishalakshi was feeling really guilty. She shouldn't have forgotten a thing like this especially in this phase it would make it worse for her.

She felt no amount of apologies can make it up, but she just needs to be careful about it from the next time.

"Ekantha, have some water at least",Mayuri said handling her a glass of water which Ekantha gulped down quickly.

"Aunty, please don't apologize it's not your mistake. You must have been busy with work and also you had to take care of him. I understand, I just wanted to make sure if he was okay. I'll take your leave now",she says and gets up from the place.