Chapter - 22

Happy reading, honey buns!

Ekantha skipped her breakfast and stayed back in her room. She told her parents that she was going to work from home.

In reality, she was just thinking about an alternative. She didn't get a reply from Abhi which made her even more worried.

But then she remembered, he was in an all night shoot and maybe he had no idea about this. She thought about it over and over and called Anika.

"Hello, Ekantha! What made you remember me in the morning?",Anika asked.

"Ani..",her voice came out as a mere whisper.

"Ekantha, freak! Girl are you okay? Where are you now? At office? Send me your location. I am starting right now, you can tell me about it when I come there. Till then just take deep breathes. I'll be there real soon",she blabbered what all came to her mind.

"Ani, I didn't go.. I didn't go to office today. I am at home",Ekantha said.

"You're there at home? Fine. I am coming, you just keep your window open. Where is this Dikshit guy?",she disconnected the call.

Ekantha sat on her bed fidgeting with her hands. Music was being played on her phone.

After like 15 minutes there was a knock on her door and she opened the door to find her cousins standing there panting.

"Why are you.. Come in first",Ekantha said and both of them jumped onto her bed and sat down.

"Girl, you scared me! Now spill. What's wrong? Did that Abhi guy do something?",Anika asked.

"No",Ekantha said and narrated the whole incident to Anika and Dikshit.

"Why is uncle being like this? He is being in rush, and that might actually spoil your life. You tell me Ekantha, are you sure about this going forward?",Dikshit asked to which Anika nodded.

"I don't know, Dikshit. The guy is good and he is trying to understand me also. But it's like I am still not able to be like too comfortable with him. That might take some time I know but I want to take some more time, also Abhi is right now focusing on his career too and I don't want to be an obstacle or disturb it. We are yet to talk about it and I just..",she felt like she lost words to explain.

"Shush, Ekantha! Why are cousins here for? To help each other out only right? You don't worry, I will talk to uncle once again. Till then you try to talk to Abhi",Anika said.

"I will try to, if he is up. He had a late night shoot yesterday so he might not have woken up yet",Ekantha said looking at the watch which showed 11am in the morning.

"Yup, now relax and Dikshit let's plan MISSION CONVINCE UNCLE. Are you up for it?",Anika asked.

"I'm up for it. Let's plan",saying so both of them got busy whispering to each other what they had to do.