Chapter - 26

Happy reading, honey buns!

(Not edited Or proof read)

She entered her home premises and looked around to find her father on the couch while her mother in the kitchen.

Her father gave a look at the watch and then looked at Ekantha.

"What time is it, Ekantha? Why are you late?",he asked.

"I- I couldn't complete both yesterday and today's work in just one day's shift right Dad? I had to work OT for that",she said.

"Yeah, how would you complete if you keep getting lost in your own world thinking how to trouble your parents more",he said.

Ekantha took a deep breathe, it might get difficult she might have a break down but she's decided today is the day to face it.

"I wasn't lost in my world, Dad because I never had a world only to get lost in",she said and he looked at her seriously.

"Yeah, now she speaks back too. Kanyaka, come here! Is this what you are teaching to your daughter behind my back?",he shouted.

Kanyaka came from the kitchen and looked at the duo, one was angry because of ego issues and the other was angry too because of being suppressed the whole time.

"What happened?",she asked.

"Look at your dear daughter, she is learning to talk back to her father now. Is this what you are teaching her?",Ketan yelled.

"Stop it, Dad. Why do you have to blame amma for everything? Why don't you take the responsibility as a parent too? Why should amma do everything for me and why not you?",Ekantha voiced out.

"Because I-",he tried to complete his statement but he couldn't.

"What dad? Why do you always have something or the other in store for me? Why do you dislike me so much?",Ekantha was close to have a break down.

She was trying to stay strong, and act stronger but every word she spoke was breaking her internally.

"Because I never wanted you",the moment Ekantha heard these words she felt the world stopped spinning and everything paused for her to react.

Her eyes widened and tears were falling down her eyes without any warning.

"But why?",a small whisper left her mouth.

"Because you are a girl and every time I see you nothing else comes to my mind except for that you are a burden on my shoulders",he said.

That was it, that was enough to break her totally. For every daughter her father will be her first hero and it wasn't anything different from everyone.

Everytime, she fell and he wasn't there she consoled herself telling he might be doing something better for her.

Everytime she needed him and he wasn't there she yet again controlled herself from asking him why?