Chapter 28

When I returned from the bathroom a few minutes later, Shawn was reclined in bed looking at his phone, and I was certain I could see the outline of a partial erection through his sweats.

He followed where my eyes were focused and scowled at me. "You're playing dirty."

"What do you mean?"

"Don't pretend to be innocent. Getting naked in front of me? Stretching? You think you can get me to change my mind."

"What? I'd never manipulate you that way, but if I wanted to change your mind, I'm certain I could," I told him with fake confidence. I honestly didn't know if he had that level of will-power or not, but I wanted him to think I was in control.

"Are you challenging me?"

"Nope, because it would be way too easy. Plus, I respect your reasoning, and it's actually really flattering that you are in this for more than sex."

I meant this. While I'd gotten ready in the bathroom, it struck me that no other man I'd had any semblance of a relationship with would ever have sacrificed his needs to show me that he cared.

Shawn laughed loudly. "Easy? Did you forget what I told you about being competitive? I'll admit that I want you really badly, but my drive to win will beat out my sex drive."

I climbed next to him in bed leaving a fairly substantial gap between us. "K. You believe what you want."

He scooted closer to me and pulled me into his strong arms. "Are you tired?"

"Not at all. I've still got an adrenaline rush from your show. I wasn't kidding when I said it was magical. You must be exhausted, though."

"I had a coffee on my way to the hotel so I'm buzzing from that."

I placed my hand on his stomach and felt his muscles tense. "You said we can kiss, but I think you should clarify what we can and can't do."

"No touching any sexual areas."

"Anything can be an erogenous zone if you know what you're doing. Did you know that some people can orgasm without being touched at all?" I asked.

"How?"

"It's all in the brain. You can get yourself very worked up from sexy thoughts. Haven't you ever grown achingly hard thinking about someone?"

He let out a choked sound. "Yes. But that's not the same as getting off."

I ran my fingertips over his abs. "You probably use your hand if that happens when you're alone, or you have your partner help you if she's there. But if you didn't touch your erection, you still might be able to come."

I didn't have to look to know he was rock hard right now because his labored breathing gave him away.

I removed my hand and started caressing my nipple through the t-shirt. "Are we allowed to touch ourselves?"

"You're completely defeating the point I'm trying to make," he said through gritted teeth.

"How? We're not having sex."

"Maybe not, but you are definitely fucking with me."

"Do you want me to stop?" I asked. I was playing around, but if it genuinely bothered him, I'd quit.

He gave me the slightest head shake to indicate that I could keep going.

"Are you going to kiss me?"

He rolled slightly so that he was on his side and we were face to face. Then he kissed me softly and tentatively on the lips. The kiss deepened, but before I could slip my tongue into his mouth, he broke away and peppered light kisses along my jaw until he got to my neck. His teeth grazed the skin below my ear before he started sucking on it.