Chapter 7

(Steven)

She said the words and I stared at her. My ego was swelling. She claimed me as her father. I saw her eyes look at Nikolai and she pursed her lips. I turned to look at him and he was looking inbetween us, trying to make some sort of connection.

"Steven, did she just call you father?" He asked with a dumbfounded look. I looked at him intrigued.

"Yes." I said walking into the room. The girl that sat on the bed next to her took me in and I looked at her. She looked normal and smelled normal, but I knew she was anything but. There was an underlying smell somewhere. I looked at her deeply and saw it, I saw the colour change beneath the brown in her eyes. It startled me bacause it was unexpected but I accepted it as strange.

'Stop staring Demon.' A feminine voice said in my head and I looked back at the girl.

"Why would she call you father Steven?" Nikolai asked, snapping my attention from the brunette in front of me.

"Because I am her father." I said walking to sit next to Elizabeth. She recoiled a bit and I felt uneasy with that.

"You just gave me sperm. Nothing more." She said to me, narrowed eyes and soft voice.

"What's happening to her?" Her friend asked and she looked worried.

"She's completing her transition." I said softly.

"Impossible, she completed it 3 years ago, in this same room during the Christmas vacation." She said folding her arms across her chest.

"She shouldn't complete it till she was 18." I said looking at her with new found fascination.

"She's a born Demon. Of course she'll change faster." I shook my head at her words. She knew a lot for a mortal. I mentally slapped myself, the ability of her to mask her scent and speak in my mind meant that she was a...

"What is going on?" Nikolai asked, looking at Elizabeth with discomfort.

"I don't know." The girl grumbled. I saw Elizabeth grab the sheets and bit on her lip, she looked like her mother during child birth.

"Have you ever had sex?" I asked her bluntly. She looked at me then closed her eyes tightly.

"I don't like your angle. No." She said softly.

"Then what is it?" I asked, raising my voice and running my hand through my hair. What was happening to my daughter.

"Can I just ask, who the hell are you?" A blonde girl with blue eyes asked by the door. She smelled human but so did the girl who was here before, I didn't trust this bunch.

"I'm Steven, Elizabeths' father." I said calmly. She looked me up and down and gave me a strange face.

"I've never seen you before." She said rather boldly.

"I'm her biological father." Everyone in the room but Elizabeth looked at me. I take it she never told them.

"Okay." The blonde said looking at me skeptically then walked passed me to the other side of the room to sit by Elizabeths' other side.

"Steven..." Elizabeth said trailing off. I looked at her and she parted her lips and I saw it then. What was infecting her, as though she was speaking the words, or it was falling out of her mouth.

"Get away." I stood from the bed and moved my hands around me for the other two girls to move. They looked at me skeptically but eventually moved, not a second to soon.

Elizabeth screamed loudly, an ear-splitting sound that had humans as well as Demons covering their ears. She looked at me then Nikolai and I knew she wanted to say something but she couldn't. I was going to get closer to her when a blinding white light flashed in the room. I blinked several times and stood, as the light forced me to my knees. I looked at the bed and close to Elizabeth was the last person I expected to see.

"Anika." I whispered. Her beautiful blue eyes looked at me then back to Elizabeth. She stepped off the bed and floated to me, her beautiful white wings behind her carrying her with grace. She stood in front of me and caressed my cheek.

"My love." She whispered, gently caressing my cheek then my hair.

"How are you here?" I asked, at a lost for words.

"She summoned me." She said looking back at Elizabeth. She released me then turned to walk back to her side. She gently touched her cheek and Elizabeth became still. Her arms no longer tense, and her lips free.

"She could do that?" I asked, amazed at her ability.

"Of course she can." She said and I walked to her side. She looked at me, then smacked me upside the head. I looked at her with distaste and sucked up a growl.

"What did I do?" I asked.

"Accused her of being sexually active. How dear you Sebastian." She said and I swallowed.

"I no longer use that name." I told her instead.

"Why not? I loved it." She pouted her pretty lips.

"Well you weren't here to say it, so I didn't want it to be said." She hummed at my reasoning then looked down at her flowing white dress and back up at me. She let out a laugh and I got intrigued, captivated by the melodious sound.

"What is going on?" The blonde from earlier asked. She stood and made her way towards Elizabeth.

"Leave her alone." Anika said in a powerful voice. I looked at her and my heart swelled.

"Why? Who the hell are you?" She asked, giving Anika a challenging stare.

"Stacy-Ann, I'm Anika Edwards." She said and bowed her head to show respect. "Pleasure to make your acquaintance."

"Anika?" She questioned.

"Yes." Anika said, looking at her. Her blue eyes twinkled and her lips parted.

"Anika?" I questioned her and looked at the children in the room.

"Oh relax Bas." She said, chuckling lightly.

"Why are you here?" This was Nikolai. He asked Anika, his eyes darkening.

"Relax my child." I said calmly to him. Anika took my words the wrong way and looked at me with a fierce face.

"You had another child?" She asked in her celestrial voice. The voice was deeper and more threatening than her normal voice.

"No. He is my first turn." I told her, holding her by her shoulders. She looked at me then huffed.

"He was mortal? Conceived by mortal parents?" She asked, turning her back to me and looking out the window into the trees.

"Yes." I said, placing my hands in my pocket.

"Could you guys argue about infidelity after we've fixed Liz?" The brunette from earlier asked, looking at Elizabeth.

"Silly girl, we can't fix her." Anika said chuckling and sitting on the bed.

"What's gonna happen to her then?" A dark skinned girl with short brown hair and brown eyes asked coming into the bedroom.

"Kelly, I presume. Oh and you are Evangelia." Anika said looking at the different girls. They locked eyes with each other then nodded. She ignored their question.

"Who are you?" Kelly asked.

"Anika." She said happily.

"What are you?" Evangelia asked softly.

"You've never seen an angel before?" Anika asked chuckling.

"So why are you here?" Nikolai asked.

"It's my duties." Anika said tracing a finger down Elizabeths' leg. She didn't move, she remained still.

"Who are you Anika?" Stacy-Ann asked narrowing her eyes on Anika.

"I'm Anika Edwards, wife of Sebastian and mother of Elizabeth."