Chapter 13

(Elizabeth)

My chest hurt. My body ached and I felt weak. I felt as though I had lost a lot of blood and I couldn't remember what had happened. I tightened my eyes and tried to focus past the pounding in my head. Then it hit me like a freight train.

I remembered the vision I had when Anthony grabbed my hand. It had stirred something in me as I watched the death of the couple and their unborn child. It stirred a feeling I couldn't explain and I felt anger. Then the arrow. The arrow thay caused me great pain. It pierced through my body and the blood was pouring out after. My angel screamed. But my mouth would not open. Not for the life of me. I was in too much pain to stay conscious. I had fallen unconscious but felt safe as my mate placed his arms on me.

I stirred and I felt a hand tighten around my own and I opened my eyes. I met warm brown ones and I shifted my gaze to take in my surroundings. I saw my mother and and father in the room as well as a strange blonde guy that I didn't know and then there was the aroma coming from the room. I was definately no longer on Earth. I had been brought to Drexel, I knew it.

"Ah, she is awake." The blonde said. His voice was soothing and belonged to his person. I looked him up and down and searched my memory for a name to his face.

"Elizabeth." My mother breathed out, standing from her chair and dragging her hand through her brown hair.

"Mom, where am I?" I asked, my voice dry and cracked. I sounded like a frog.

"Drexel. Your bedroom to be precise." She said and then I looked around the room and noticed she was in deed correct.

"How did I get here?" I asked as Anthony released my hand.

"I brought you." He said nervously scratching the back of his head.

"He wouldn't let anyone else touch you. It's the mate bond." My mother said, looking at my father.

"Elizabeth, do you remember me?" The blonde asked and then it all flowed out my mouth in a tongue I did not know.

"In cenacula. Postremo quia furto aliquando fuerit respexissem." The words left my mouth before I could comprehend what was going on. I didn't even know what was going on.

"Amelise. I see you are with us. Please, refrain from Latin. We have guest." I turned to look around us and my eyes settled on Anthony. My hand came up to his cheek and caressed him tenderly.

" Cyrus, amica mea. Vos hie estis?"

"I'm Anthony. And I don't understand you." He looked qt me with sad eyes.

"Cyrus. Wake up." Once more the words left my mouth.

"Amelise, you have to let her go. She is not one with you yet."

"This is my angel. She is me and I am her."

"What does she mean?" Anthony asked.

"I can not tell you without Elizabeth." The blonde said.

"Garret, what is happening to my daughter?" Sebastian asked.

"You are my parents. You are royalty?" I asked.

"Yes."

"I was royalty. Before they took it from me." I said, tears in my eyes.

"You are royalty Elizabeth."

"I'm sorry Elizabeth is asleep. Her demon is still recovering." I said placing my hand on my abdomem.

"Then who are you?" Anthony asked me looking at me with wide eyes.

"I'm-" I was cut off by Garret.

"Be quiet." He hissed and I watched him with shocked eyes. He hissed, at me.

"What do you mean you were royalty." My father asked. His shoulders tensed and he looked between Garret and I.

"I use to rule Drexel. A long time ago." I said quietly not liking the strange looks I was getting.

"Amelise, wake Elizabeth up." Garret said looking upset.

"She isn't healed fully. That arrow harmed her demon more than me." I said, my hand over the wound I was given.

"Let me get this straight, you are Elizabeth's angel, and you are awake while she is asleep?" My mother asked me.

"Yes. Somebody understands." I rolled my eyes.

"So then why are you callin my Cyrus?" Anthony asked.

"He's my mate, your angel." I said looking at him. I cocked my head to the side and looked into his eyes. Funny how Cyrus had green eyes.

"Does he take over my body like what you are doing to my mate?" He asked. I gritted my teeth.

"I haven't taken over her body you twit. She is a hybrid. What you all know is her demon side, I am simply her angel side who has just been fully awaken. The only way to avoid this from happening is to become one with your angel. It's really simple, you just have to go looking for him and tell him, 'I wish to become one with you.'" I said calmly.

"So what is your name?" He asked.

"Oh, I'm Amelise." I said smiling.

"Amelise, stop." Garret growled.

"Oh stop what? You stop being a hot headed p-" My mouth abruptly shut and I looked at him with strange eyes. I couldn't speak. My jaw refused to move.

"What did you do to her?" Anthony asked growling.

"It was not me. She can npt say what I am."

"Why not?" He asked looking at me.

"She is not royal. Elizabeth is." Garret smirked happily.

"But, they share the same body."

"They are not the same person." He bit back.

"Only Elizabeth can say what you are." My father stated. His eyes widened and then he begun shaking it. "You're supposed to ne dead."

"Yea, well it's hard to kill something that doesn't die." He buffed his nails on his shirt and smiled up at us.

"What are you?" Anthony asked again. I felt the change within myself. I felt her withdraw as I regained conscious. My head hurt a lot and I felt wousy. I looked around the room and noticed I had missed something but I knew I had to say it. My angel wamted me to say it.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, I looked her dead in her eyes in my subconscious and whispered seven words that changed my life. As the words left my lips, I felt more powerful and my headache was gone. I knew what I had to say. I had to clear the air.

"He's a pheonix."