Chapter 9

(Anthony)

I hated this more than life itself. I was a nephilim. I was born to an angel mother and mortal father. I didn't want this, I didn't like the fact that from since I turned 19, my nephilim got triggered. The angel in me became active, alert and alive. I use to love my life, talking and flirting with any girl and that all changed when my nephilim got awakened. I felt as those I was being unfaithful but I was single.

I was single for a while now and I could never chase away the ache that I was missing something. My friend, Marcus, insisted that it was the lack of my mate. But I highly doubted I had a mate. That was until I underwent my transformation. Once a nephilims' mate comes to terms with his/her angel, our full powers are awaken, which enable us to find our mate, and begin the mating ritual. I didn't want to mate with some chick that I barely knew.

I knelt to the floor in my room of my apartment in Drexel and swallowed a scream. I felt tight. My back began to get hot and I thought I was going to combust into flames. I swallowed as my wings tore through my skin and lifted me off the ground. I had sweat beads on my forehead and my skin felt a flame. I looked back at my wings and stared at them.

They were huge and gold. I felt that was strange because my hair was brown but who am I to judge. They fluttered on their own accord and began to flap slowly. I stared at them, at a lost for words and then the most amazing thing happened. They wrapped themselves around my body and I disappeared.