Chapter 26

Sebastian paced his bedroom angrily. He had dismissed his guards and tried to talk Anika into visiting the Angel's district so that she could fine out about this magic time travelling door. She had been very reluctant. Arguing that angels were the most stubborn species and she cared not for the vast of them. Sebastian had scolded her and told her those kinds of words were not supposed to come out the lips of the queen, she huffed but didn't voice more on her thoughts. After much begging for the grater good, she succumbed and decided to go, only if Elizabeth's phoenix friend went with her.

 Meantime he had checked the history on 1456 hoping that he could at least know something about the era. However, the news he found only depressed him more and he did not wish to speak of it. 1456 was known as the dark ages in angel history. It was when the hunters were created. The group of people who believed angels were in power for far too long and wished to have them removed. There had been many attempts made to remove angels from power, to which they almost succeeded when Amelise took her life, in the palace in the shape-shifter district. However, luckily for Drexel, she had a sister who became the new queen and lived in the castle in the Crosswinds, the centre of Drexel, the commune location where all species must past. It was the best place  to live and the queen carried on, with angels in power.

Sadly, the hunters did not stop there. They gathered help from various enchantresses who had dark souls and saw to that the angels would be eradicated. However, it was easier said than done as the angels had most of the other species on their side and they never went down without a fight. 

Sebastian sat on his bed and ran his hands through his hair, he could not be stressed. The kingdom needed him to be calm and collected. He could not stress. He could not stress. He did not have time to stress. He flexed his shoulders and breathed deeply. He was about to walk outside when Anika appeared in the room with a male angel with her. The angel had his arms around his mate and he snarled at him. Who did this stranger feel he was?

"Bas, I have brought news." Anika said, glee in her voice. Sebastian watched as the angel removed himself from his mate and bowed in respect.

"Your majesty." He said.

"Ani, what is this about and who is he?" Sebastian asked nodding at the angel.

"This is Marcus, close friend of Anthony." Anika said.

"Is there a reason for him being in our bedroom?" Sebastian was growing irritable.

"Yes. Of course there is one Bas. As you must know the door was created by an enchantress a very long time ago." Anika said waving her hand in the air for emphasis.

"But he is angel." Sebastian said slightly confused. She glared at him and he held his tongue.

"Good, his ancestor is the enchantress who created the door. His mate was human and you can figure out where I'm going with this. Anyway he is the last of the bloodline, which means he has the treasury." Anika said another wide smile on her face. Sebastian opened his mouth to say something but Anika glared at him harshly and he bit his tongue. His question could wait.

"The treasury would hold everything that the enchantresses have done and it's passed down through generation." Marcus said, his light brown hair shaking as he nodded his head in agreement to his own words.

"So does this mean that we can find out how to get Elizabeth back?" Sebastian asked, his voice hopeful.

"And Anthony." Anika said with a little smile. She felt hopeful, she  was going to watch her daughter take over Drexel with  her mate. Nothing could top the feeling. Not a thing in the world could replace the feeling she was getting at the thought of getting their  daughter back.

"How long have they been gone?" Marcus asked looking at the king. Sebastian pursed his lips.

"Maybe an hour or two." Sebastian said glancing at his watch.

"Then we must hurry."  Marcus said to them, his bright baby blue wings spreading before them.

"Why, what is it?" Anika asked, anxiety seizing her heart and throat.

"Every hour in our time is a month in their time." Marcus  said tightly. Anika swallowed and grabbed Sebastian in her arms, her wings spreading out before them.

"Lead the way, we have to get them back today." Anika said, quickly wrapping her and her mate in her wings.

But what Sebastian didn't tell them could probably mean the death of his daughter. The hunters could already have them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a filler, a little hope for those of you who lost it. Meet Marcus, Anthony mentioned him earlier and now you have met him. You go Thomas Brodie-Sangster.

My bff has been motivating me to update faster. Follow her up CelzBellz25 My bff for life.