Chapter 18

(Elizabeth)

We have been falling for far too long. Anthony still held unto my hand but we were plummenting to our obvious demise. I was beginning to get antsy and I couldn't scream. It was as though my voice left my body. It was one thing to fall, it was another thing to fall in complete darkness. I opened my eyes then shut them then opened them again. I was about to repeat when light from below flashed into my eyes. My hand tightened on Anthony's and he pulled me to him just as we reached the water below.

We both dropped into the water with a large splash and I was the first to surface. I looked around for him and then he bobbed next to me and took deep breaths. I started shivering in the cold water and he wrapped his wet hands around me and we looked at the shore infront of us. It was about four feet away, but the water was already seven feet deep. We swam to the shore and both just lay on the sand.

My dress was drenched and clung to my body and Anthony was in no better condition. He moved his hair from his face and turned to look at me.

"Are you okay?" He asked me, his voice raspy from the salt water.

"Yea, I'm good." I said to him just as I sat up. He followed suite and we sat on the sand. I turned around to see nothing but sand which then dispersed into trees which looked like it belonged in a forest. I continued looking around hoping to find at least a beach house. But I had no such luck.

"What are you looking for?" Anthony asked me.

"Civilisation." I said in reply. His eyes widened and then he started scanning the area.

"Dear me, are you two alright?" We both turned to the sound of a girl approaching. She wore a long navy blue dress with a white piece in the middle and long sleeves. She also had a hood over her head, blocking half of her face. They were fairly puffy and her seemed formal but casual. I looked down at my dress that was almost identical to hers and the at Anthony whose attire was knee length shorts and a brown t-shirt.

"We're cool." I said to her. She looked at me and then at my attire and then she did the same with Anthony. She looked us over again and then she stared at me. Anthony came and stood next to me, he placed his hand on the small of my back and her mouth widened at the gesture and then she looked to the ground.

"I am sorry. I did not mean to intrude on your very um, intimate um, moment. Forgive me." She said and gave a curtsy. We both stared at her at a lost for words before I spoke up.

"What do you mean intimate moment?" I asked her stepping up so Anthony was behind me and his hand was at his side.

"You were obviously in the middle of something. My apologies." She said again and I stared at her. She was confusing me.

"No, we just came out of the water. I'm sorry he was being possessive." I said to her. She looked between us and furrowed her nose.

"But I have still intruded. You are obviously married and are spending time together." She said nonchantly.

"We are not married." I said to her and she stared at me with wide eyes. I hoped.

"That is an act against the church. Do you not know?" She said and made the sign of the cross in haste. "You are not allowed to be touched by a man in such an intimate way unless you are wed." She said and I continued to stare at her. Where the hell were we?

"I am sorry. It is all my fault. I have always wanted to touch her in that manner. But we will be wed soon as she is my bride-to-be." Anthony said smoothly, picking up on the girls strange pattern of speech.

"Of course. I have heard of such temptations of the flesh when it is true love." She said and waved a hand in the air.

"The truest of love." Anthony said and looked at me. I blushed, as to why I don't know.

"Oh, then you should be on your way. The curfew would be upon us soon. I bid you good wishes and farewell." She said and turned around, after giving us both curtsies and walking into the forest.

"Wait, we ran away from our home. My parents did not approve of him so we left so we could follow our hearts. We have no where to go." I said to her quickly. She looked at Anthony then at me.

"My house is not far from here. You must come with me." She said and turned again. We followed her in silence, me having to pick up my dress to follow her.

About thirty minutes later we came out of the forest and in front of us stood a reasonable size cabin. She made her way over to it and held open the door for us. I followed her inside and Anthony behind me. The cabin looked welcoming and felt homey.

"My husband is away. You can burrow his clothes until you are better off." She said to Anthony and then she looked at me. "You can use my dresses."

"Thank you.." I trailed off because I did not know her name.

"Kathlyn." She said and pulled off her hood.

------------------------------------------
Sorry for the not so long update. My bf and I just broke up and I have been a wreck. I'm sorry, I'll try to update sooner and write longer. But no promises.
Don't forget Vote Comment Live.
Deuces