Chapter 4

(Nikolai)

I watched Thomas take her in his arms. I couldn't help but feel a bit angered but I knew he wasn't into Liz as I was, or I could only hope.I knew he didn't want these humans to take notice of her abilities and that meant I had to hurry.

I snapped out of my daze and quickly went to work, going down on my knees and accepting the cloth that one of the girls gave me, I quickly began cleaning up Elizabeths' blood. Taking extra care to not get it on my hands.

"So you're Nikolai, right?" One of the girls asked me. She had short brown hair and brown eyes. I didn't know her name.

"That's what my mom told me." I said with a smile, just deep enough to show my dimples.

"You can cut the act, I know you know Liz. My question is how. And I know you have history with her but I just want you to know that if you cross the wrong line, I know how to hurt you." She said and her eyes turned gold momentarily before it went back brown and she broke out in a smile. "I'm Kelly."

My mind raced. I didn't know what she was. I'll have to talk to Steven about this. See what he could tell me about miss Kelly.

I had just finished cleaning the last of the blood when Elizabeth came back into the kitchen and hobbled over to a stool by the island. She sat and looked at me and I smiled showing her the cloths with her blood. She rolled her eyes at me.

"So how do you guys know each other?" The one called Lia asked. I looked her up and down. She had dark hair and normal eyes. I didn't think she was anything supernatural, I couldn't smell any kind of aura about her. This was obviously a suspicious bunch. I smelled nothing off of the Kelly girl and her eyes did that miracle thing. I should keep an open mind.

"He knew the person who got me my new lungs." She said with a far away look after a while.

"Oh, so he helped cure your cystic fibrosis. That's cool." Stacy, I think, said.

"Yea, you could say that." I mumbled looking at Liz.

"Eliazabeth, you need to take two tylenol or alieve and relax." The one called Lia told her.

"Evangelia, I'll be fine. Honestly." Liz said and smiled at her.

"Yea. I hear you." She replied to her and then I noticed that we needed to discuss certain matters.

"Guys, what are the plans for the vacation?" I asked the girls in the kitchen. Elizabeth smiled and I got concerned.

"Oh, don't think too hard about it. We are going to have a blast." I looked at her and swallowed.

"I have to make a call, would you excuse me." I said and walked out of the kitchen and pulled my phon out of my pocket. I quickly dialed the number that I knew al to well. He answered on the second ring.

"Nikolai?" His deep voice asked into the phone.

"Steven..."

__________________________________________

Picture of Evangelia for you.