{First Encounter}

"Seems like we both got sick of Miranda's shit huh?" Heisenberg laughed.

"Listen Heisenberg-"

"Karl."

The name threw her off, of course, she knew his name, all the Lords knew each other's names, of course, they were introduced all together by Miranda but Elizabeth had never addressed him as anything but Heisenberg and here he was telling him to call him that...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"My children..."

Miranda's voice drawled as four of her successful experiments all stood before her in a line, the moonlight snook in from the broken roof of the Cathedral, illuminating the scene.

"Alcina Dimestrescu." The lady stood forward, the other three looking at the woman, and more importantly how she towered over them.

"Donna Beneviento." The woman clad in black stepped forward as well, her doll held tightly in her hands.

"Salvatore Moreau." Squelching sounds came as the man-now creature-hobbled forward towards his new 'mother'.

"Elizabeth Claydon." Head held high, the woman stepped forward her brown bangs separating revealing her face.

"Karl Heisenberg." Metal banging accompanied the scruffy-looking man as he tapped his hammer on the ground as he stood forward.

"As the Lordz of this Village" Miranda began "you have but simple tasks, ensure the safety of the village and find me a suitable vessel for my child, that is your purpose. Fulfil it."

"Yes, Mother Miranda." They responded in unison.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Karl." The words felt foreign to her lips but she continued regardless. "Listen, I don't think you can do this alone."

The man's head shot up, instantly taking that as a jab at his power, not something you'd want to do to this Lord.

"Woah Woah Woah-" Elizabeth raised her hands in defence "before you get all shouty again, what I mean is, you could use a hand, we both know that the Megamycite isn't a force to be reckoned with and neither is Miranda, we wanna stop her? We have to work together."

Karl pondered for a moment, she had a point, maybe an ally would be good in these times, he was far from finishing his army but maybe she could help speed the process along, she was the only one he could 'trust' after all.
Karl stood up and held out his hand to the woman.

"Partners?"

"Partners."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Lord Heisenberg."

"Lady Claydon."

The two shook hands during the very formal introduction, but Heisenberg was quick to lose the formality and sit back in his chair, spreading his legs as he held his hammer in his right hand, a smug look on his face as he looked at the girl through his tinted glasses.