{The Flask}

Ethans heart sank as he went towards his next stop, Castle Claydon

After meeting the Duke upon his escape from Castle Dimestrescu, the large man informed him of the rest of the four remaining Lords that each held the remnants of his daughter.

"Mother Miranda is the cold, calculating ruler of this village. Five lords serve under her. The first you've already met, the Lady Dimitrescu. The second lives deep in a valley of mist, Donna Beneviento. None of her playmates have ever come back from that dank, old estate. The third is Miss Elizabeth Claydon, the sole protector of this village, her powers more dangerous then her companions but her kind nature balances that out. The fourth is Moreau, a being of twisted flesh that lives in the reservoir past the windmills. It's said that he is not the only monster that lives in those waters. The fifth and most dangerous is Heisenberg. He works in his factory on the village outskirts. And the project? Let's just say parts of the human imagination are better left alone."

Ethan Winters had faced a lot of things in his life, a lot of things that are unimaginable, but this village is the icing on the cake, facing a vampire-like woman and her three children, a possessed doll and a large mutated baby thing? He wasn't sure what that thing was, and now facing someone else whom he had no idea what they were capable of? Frankly, he was getting sick of it.

According to the Dukes map, Castle Claydon was through the forests, using his key he unlocked the gate, above it was a crest of a bow and arrow, he took note of that and continued to follow the path down to the Castle. What he couldn't wrap his head around, was why Karina was there- well obviously he knew now that her name was actually Elizabeth- but what he couldn't understand was why she took on a fake name and became a friend of his family only to be apart of the reason he now had lost his wife and daughter.
He was furious, he didn't care what power she had, he had taken down two Lords how hard could it be?

Once the Castle came into sight that feeling of confidence faltered at the sight of the deserted castle sending chills into him, just like at Castle Dimestrescu, but he didn't let that affect him as he burst open the doors into the house.

"WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU!" he screamed, he wanted to make his presence known, no sneaking about, he needed to see her.

"It's rude to enter without knocking Ethan Winters." The female voice echoed through the corridors and Ethan wasted no time and making a sprint through the building to find the source of the voice, he searched all of the rooms and found nothing, except the odd bullet cases here and there and some herbs growing in her plant pots.
He came to another set of double doors, he hadn't checked this room yet, and she had to be in there.

Before he could do anything, however, he felt a strong breeze and the door opened by itself. The room was empty, all except for one throne sitting at the top of a small stairway, upon it, was her.

"You bitch!" Ethan instantly drew his gun and started firing at the woman, it was hopeless, she manipulated the air to push the bullets out of her direction, causing them to hit the glass mosaic behind her, letting light seep into the room.

"Calm down..." She stood up and started to approach her friend her hands held up slightly in surrender, he was panting heavily and tears were slowly trickling down his cheeks.

"Why did you do it?" He breathed out, looking at the woman with heartbreak in his eyes, it pained her to see the man like this. He didn't give her time to answer as he resumed screaming at her

"WE TRUSTED YOU!"

"Ethan you don't understand I had to! If I didn't follow Mirandas' orders I would've been killed and I have someone to live for!... But now I can help you"
Her response shocked him and he slowly put his gun away, she opened her arms to him and he dropped into them, he was at his lowest.

"I just want my daughter back." His voice wasn't filled with sadness, it was anger, and frustration, all Ethan wanted was his family back, he fought so hard those three years ago to get Mia back, and now she was dead, he wanted to protect Rose from all the shit that he and her mother faced but he couldn't, and now he's ended up here.

"Come with me." Elizabeth gently pushed the man away from the hug, looking down upon him, seeing that he had calmed down from the violent rampage he had against her.
He followed Elizabeth as she unlocked a door to her right, revealing a long and winding staircase that led underneath the castle. The woman grabbed the lantern that was hung up on the cobbled stone wall and turned it on, leading the way down the stairs.

"So your name is Elizabeth?" Ethan began conversation as he followed the Lord. "Yeah, I used a different name when I was sent by Miranda to watch your family, well, to watch Rose."

"Why does she want Rose?"

Elizabeth took a deep breath as she began to explain. "Miranda came to the Village around a century ago during the Spanish flu, and claimed herself a saviour but what she wanted was to find a vessel for her deceased daughter, I'm evidence of a failed experiment." she gestured to herself.
"I assume by now you already have two flasks?"

She turned around to see Ethan nodding, showing the two glowing yellow flasks in his bag.
"Why is she like this?" The father asked referring to his daughter's state.

"Miranda wanted to test her regenerative abilities, so she divided Rose and gave all of her Lord's pieces so the ritual can begin."

"What ritual?"

"To turn Rose into Eva."