Chapter 38

Minho came back late, locking the door behind him and going to his bed room after dropping the keys on the counter. He slid under the covers and pulled Jisung closer to his chest, but to his surprise, the younger pushed him slightly away, then turned around to face him.

"Tell me what that fucking plan of yours is..." he asked brutally, shocking Minho quite a lot.

"I told you I can't do that or it won't work"

"You're going to tell me, because the operation is tomorrow and I've got absolutely no clue as to what you're up to Min..."

"That's the whole point, you need to have trust in me for the operation to work ok?"

Jisung didn't know how to feel, he was nervous and that was the only thing he was certain of.

"You don't understand..." Jisung got out of bed, walking angrily towards the door, putting a baggy shirt on that was laying around. He left the room, worrying Minho. The older got up in a hurry and followed him out, catching his arm before he could get much farther.

"Tell me, what don't I understand?"

"Everything...the fact that we might die tomorrow, the fact that even if I want to, I can't save you from the path you followed...I can't change what will happen to you and that terrifies me. And the fact that you won't even tell me what the fuck is going on makes it even worst!" Minho tried to approach him but he pushed him away slightly.

"Jisung im doing all of this for y-"

"Promise me you won't die on me..."

"I can't promise anything like that and you know it"

"Promise me!" Jisung snapped back, tears welling up in his chocolate brown eyes.

Minho walked towards him and hugged the worried boy, making both of them sigh deeply.

"I promise..." he affirmed, but what the younger didn't know, was that he was crossing his fingers behind his back.

(๑>◡<๑)

Today was the day.

The whole operation was going to take place and no one could stop what was about to go down. It was a fight about the 'good' and 'evil' of this world.

Jisung had been preparing all morning, it's not like he got much sleep anyway. He mostly looked at Minho's peacefully sleeping, making sure to remember all of his features in case anything happened to him.

"Are you ready for this...?" Chan asked hesitantly, knowing very well he was stressing his for his life right now. Jisung snapped out of his dark thoughts and gave him an uneasy smile, nodding slowly.

"Y-yeah I'm good, I'm fine" he was going to keep rambling but the older simply pulled him into a hug, making Jisung's breathing start to be normal again.

"You'll do amazing today, remember that" he put a hand on his shoulder, he looked so calm that it sent chills down his spine, how could he act like nothing was happening?

"That's the thing...I don't want to. I can't or else..."

"I get it but...I know you'll do the right thing" He then continued to get his gear ready, but Jisung couldn't look at guns like he used to, he simply couldn't. Any one of these bullets could go straight to Minho's head or heart. He couldn't lose him, couldn't be drained of all of his petals that protected his flower, he couldn't.

"Ready to go detective?" His captain asked, and Jisung nodded, following him to their van.

"ready."