15. The Heist

Tom wasn't ready to inact his prophecy plan until the end of June.
It was only then that he felt sure he could get Harry to do what he needed him to.
He gathered a large group of death eaters at the Malfoy Manor one evening, to explain his plan.
And Genevieve joined him, since she didn't want to be left out of helping plan such an important mission.
"After many months, and numerous failures, I am finally going to get my hands on the prophecy made about me, all those years ago. And you are going to be the ones to get it for me" announced Tom.

There were at least a dozen death eaters in the room, all wearing their masks that Genevieve had made.
She'd been forced to make more, as Tom gained new recruits, who needed their identities protected.
Genevieve also had to remake masks for the death eaters who had spent time in Azkaban, for they had lost theirs when they were arrested.
Everyone wore their masks at meetings, except for Bellatrix, which really made Genevieve angry. Because she didn't like Bellatrix thinking that she was above the rest of the death eaters.

"With the information provided to us by the Black family house elf, I believe I know how I can convince Potter to enter the Ministry" continued Tom.
Bellatrix smiled smuggly as Tom praised her family. She wanted to take credit for getting Kreacher the house-elf to reveal information about Harry.
Genevieve glared at Bellatrix and laced her arm through Tom's, to piss off her rival.
"Tell them your plan, my love" encouraged Genevieve.
Bellatrix frowned at Genevieve, which made her smile.

"On the 20th of this month, I shall place a false memory inside Potter's head. He has seen things through my eyes before, in his dreams, for the two of us are connected in some way, since I used his blood to resurrect myself. So, Potter will think that what he is seeing, is really happening. I will show him images of me toturing his precious Godfather, Sirius Black inside the Department of Mysteries. And hopefully the courageous little Gryffindor will go running off to the Ministry, to rescue his Godfather, where you will be waiting, for you will have infiltrated earlier in the day" explained Tom.
"So, you want us to intercept Potter when he arrives, my lord?" Questioned Lucius.
"No, you must wait until the boy has reached the Department of Mysteries, and picked up the prophecy ball. Only then can you reveal yourself to him, and take the prophecy" answered Tom.

"Then, once we have the prophecy, we kill him?" Asked Bellatrix, excitedly.
"No. You must leave Potter to me. Only I am allowed to kill him, for he belongs to me. No one else may touch him" instructed Tom sternly.
"Yes, my lord" mumbled Bellatrix.
"It is likely that the Potter boy will bring accomplices with him, on this mission. For he lacks intelligence and power, so he will probably bring people who he thinks will help him rescue his Godfather. You may kill his friends if you like, for it is only Potter I want kept alive".

"What if he brings Dumbledore, or members of the Order with him?" Asked Goyle.
"Dumbledore is in hiding, as he was forced to flee the school by the Minister, so I doubt Potter knows where he is. Besides, I have read the boys' mind, and I have seen that he is angry at Dumbledore, so unlikely to turn to him for help. As for the Order, McGonagall is lying in St Mungo's, and the oaf Hagrid was forced to run off, just like Dumbledore. Which means that neither of them can help him. Potter can't apparate to get aid from the Order, and the floo network at Hogwarts is being controlled by Dolores Umbridge. So rest assured, that Potter will not have any outside help. He might bring along some fellow students, but no one that you need to be worried about. It will be easy for you to dispose of Potter's friends, I am sure" admitted Tom.

"But remember that killing the Hogwarts students is not your primary goal. Your main objective is to retrieve the prophecy ball. This is our only chance to get it, so don't even think of coming back without it" said Genevieve sternly.
She wanted to try and protect the children, because she had lost her own sons, so she knew how much it hurt to lose a child. Which is why she didn't want anyone to get hurt on this mission. But she knew she couldn't ask Tom to spare the innocent children, without making them both look weak in front of the death eaters. So she had to be careful with how she spoke.
"You are right of course, my dear. I don't want this to turn into a blood bath. I would be pleased if you could complete this task without killing any pure-bloods who could be of use to us in the future" informed Tom.

"What if Potter doesn't want to give up the prophecy without a fight?" Quizzed Lucius.
"I'm sure you will be able to convince him to do as you say. Especially if he has brought his friends with him. Threatening his friends will almost certainly get him to comply with your demands" replied Tom.
"Will you be entering the fray yourself, my lord?" Asked Bellatrix, unable to hide the hopefulness in her voice.
"I want to avoid entering the Ministry, if I can. Which is why I have placed Lucius in charge of this mission. However, if you take too long, or I hear from outside sources that things are not going according to plan, then I will join you all at the Ministry, to finish things off myself" answered Tom.
"We would prefer it if you did this yourself though" added Genevieve.

"My wife is right. I will be very angry with you all, if you cannot do this simple task without me. For I expect a group of talented pure-blooded wizards, to be able to hold their own against a small group of children. And if you fail to get me the prophecy, or let it get damaged, there will be serious consequences for everyone involved" warned Tom.
"Don't worry my lord, we will not let you down" promised Bellatrix.
"I hope for all your sakes, that you don't. I cannot move forward without this prophecy, which is why I will hold each and everyone of you responsible, should something happen to it. So, you had better not disappoint me" replied Tom.