48. Torturous Revenge

Tom had no qualms about Genevieve visiting Narcissa, as long as Jugson always accompanied her, for he didn't want her looking after those in the Malfoy cellar, as she had done in the past.
After Genevieve had snapped at Jugson, the boy never spoke out against her again. She had shown him who was boss, and he didn't want to cross her again.
So, as the weeks turned into months, Genevieve became used to her little death eater pet following her around, even though she never grew to like him.
Nagini was also a constant presence that Genevieve had to become accustomed to, as the snake was no longer hiding in Godric's Hollow.

Genevieve and Tom didn't have any idea where Harry was, until Easter.
The Malfoy's had summoned them to the manor, after capturing Harry.
But by the time they arrived, Harry, and all those who had been locked in the cellar, had gone.
Since Tom was with Genevieve, they hadn't needed to bring Jugson along.
So, Tom and Genevieve had headed there alone.
They also found Wormtail lying on the cellar steps, strangled to death by his own silver hand.
All of this made Tom very angry.

"So, let me get this straight. A powerful family of pure-bloods, whom I have trusted for so many years, had Potter in their grasp, and ended up letting him slip away" said Tom, his voice no more than a whisper.
He was so frightening, that he did not need to raise his voice to intimidate the Malfoy's.
Bellatrix, Narcissa, Lucius, Draco, and Fenir Greyback, all stood before Genevieve and Tom, with their heads hung low in embarrassment and fear.
Genevieve could tell that Tom was very mad, and she wasn't sure whether all of the Malfoy's would make it out of the room alive.

"Not only did you allow Potter to escape. But you also let him leave with my wandmaker and the Lovegood girl. So, why don't you attempt to explain exactly how all this could have occurred" continued Tom.
"My lord, it was the house-elf" informed Bellatrix.
"Who's house-elf?" Questioned Tom.
Lucius gulped nervously, "The house-elf used to belong to me. Its name was Dobby. It served me until Potter tricked me into freeing him, several years ago".
"Did the elf arrive here with Potter and his friends?" Asked Tom.
"No, my lord. I don't know how it knew that Potter was here and in danger" answered Lucius.

"But I didn't think anyone could apparate inside the cellar, so how did the elf get in there to free my prisoners?" Demanded Tom.
"Elf magic is different to ours. They can apparate in places we cannot, like Hogwarts" reminded Genevieve.
"That may be true. But Potter still wouldn't have been able to escape, if these fools hadn't sent Wormtail to check on the boy" spat Tom.
"But my lord, we thought he was loyal to you" mumbled Lucius.
"He was. But he also owed Potter a life debt, as the boy had once saved his life. So, you sending him down to check on the boy, alone, gave him an opportunity to let Potter go. The hand I gave him, strangled him to death, so he must have helped Potter, there is no other explanation" sighed Tom.

"My lord, it was Bellatrix who sent Wormtail to check on Potter, when we heard a noise in the cellar. It was not me" informed Lucius, as he tried to pass the blame onto Bellatrix.
"You spineless, weak man. How dare you try and pin Potter's escape on me!" Snapped Bellatrix.
"Well, as the dark lord said, Potter couldn't have gotten out of the cellar, without Wormtail's help. And you were the one to send Wormtail down there" replied Lucius.
"I nearly sent your son to investigate the noise, would you have preferred that? And maybe then he would be the one being blamed for Potter's escape, not me".

"You leave Draco out of this" spat Narcissa.
Genevieve folded her arms and glared at Bellatrix for trying to put the young boy into harms way.
"And I thought you could sink no lower. Trying to deflect the blame off of yourself and onto your own nephew, that is a truly despicable thing to do. For someone who seems to care a lot about their family, you don't hesitate to throw yours under the bus, time and time again. You really are the worst person I have ever had the unfortune of meeting" admitted Genevieve.
"At least I don't have to have a guard following me everywhere. For I can take care of myself" Bellatrix said under her breath.
"You don't know what you are talking about, so shut your mouth!" Shouted Genevieve.

"Enough squabbling. I didn't come all this way to hear your fighting. I came here to finally put an end to Mr Harry Potter. But since he isn't here, you will all be punished instead. I don't care who was the most guilty, for I will punish you all equally" informed Tom.
"But, my lord, it weren't my fault. I handed him over to the Malfoy's. So, his escape is completely their fault, not mine" insisted Greyback.
"Crucio!" Shouted Tom.
Greyback fell onto his knees and cried out in pain, making young Draco flinch.
"I will say it again for those of you who were not paying attention. I will punish all of you, for all of you were here when Potter escaped. Which means you are all guilty" continued Tom.

Tom took the curse off Greyback, before turning to Genevieve.
"Would you like to join me in punishing these traitors?" Asked Tom.
Genevieve wished she could say no, but since she had promised to obey Tom to keep Mathilde safe, she knew she had no choice. She would have to help him torture the Malfoy's.
Even though she hated Bellatrix, and didn't particularly like Lucius or Greyback, she wasn't sure whether or not she could really use the Cruciatus Curse on them.
It was the one Unforgivable Curse she had never used, and after having it performed on her by Tom, she didn't want to inflict that kind of pain onto anyone else.

But Genevieve's main priority was Mathilde.
And she was willing to do anything to keep her daughter safe and happy.
So, Genevieve took a deep breath and pointed her wand at Bellatrix.
She knew that a spell like that could only be performed correctly, if you really wanted to cause the other person harm.
Genevieve focused on how jealous Bellatrix had made her, during the first wizarding war. And she used the anger she had felt when she found out Bellatrix had kissed Tom, to fuel the spell.
"Crucio!" Yelled Genevieve.

Bellatrix dropped to her knees, and her screams began to echo around the round.
Seeing her old love rival like that, did not make Genevieve feel any better. As getting revenge was not what she wanted any more.
But she knew that she could not stop.
The Malfoy's were going to be punished, and if she wanted Mathilde to remain in hiding, she would have to aid Tom, and torture the Malfoy's at his side, just like he expected her to.