57. Happy Ever Happy

Genevieve sat in her beach house in France, listening to the sounds of her grandkids playing in the sea outside.
After Mathilde and Hannah had gotten married, they had adopted 2 girls, giving Genevieve grandchildren to dote on.
But since Mathilde wasn't going to have any biological children, the Slytherin, Gaunt, and Grindelwald lines would end with her. Which Genevieve thought was probably a good thing.
They had travelled around Europe a lot at first, trying out different safe houses. But as the children got older, they decided to settle down somewhere more permanent. And they ended up sending the girls to Beauxbatons, where the family didn't have any bad history.
Genevieve on the other hand, liked to continue travelling around, although she often visited her family, as she didn't enjoy being on her own.

Living without Tom had been hard for Genevieve, as they had been together all their lives.
Genevieve often missed him, but she knew that she would never have been able to be free, if he had still been alive.
With Lord Voldemort dead, the wizarding world could finally go back to normal. Only this time, Britain had a competent Minister for Magic; Kingsley Shacklebolt.
Genevieve was the only person who mourned the loss of Tom, and so many death eaters who had died that day.
While the rest of the world celebrated, she mourned.

Harry Potter helped Genevieve out, by secretly leaving the deeds to her old house to Mathilde.
Since Genevieve had raised her children there, and buried her sons on the grounds, she was glad to have it back belonging to her family.
So, she spent a lot of time doing it up, and making it look nice, like it had done before the Ministry had trashed it.
However, Genevieve didn't often visit her second house, because only Tom and her had lived there, so she didn't have as many happy memories in that place.

Genevieve had caused a lot of people pain in her long life, and she tried her best to correct that in the few years she had left.
And while her eye colour had returned to normal, her visions of the future never returned. Which made Genevieve realise that sometimes it is not possible to put yourself completely back together.
She may have removed the soul from her Horcrux, and reunited it with the rest of her.
But she had committed some evil acts in her life, that she could never undo.
However, without Tom in her life, she could live out her last few years in peace, and she did.

After a particularly tiring day, visiting her family, she had gone to lie down in her room, but left the windows open, so that she could continue to feel the warm summer air.
As she closed her eyes, she could still hear her family outside, enjoying the last few hours of sunlight that day.
It made her smile to know that despite all the bad things she had done, her family was safe and happy and always would be.
As she took one last breath, her soul left her body, and floated away leaving her old life behind.

When Genevieve opened her eyes, she found herself in a large white room, feeling lightier and freer than she had ever felt before.
But she was not alone.
Directly in front of her were two young boys, around 20 years old.
"Welcome home mum" said Salazar.
"We missed you" added Gellert, as he reached out his hand for his mother.
Genevieve took hold of her boys and held them tight, "I missed you both so much".
As she released them she saw Dumbledore talking to her father, in the far corner of the room.

"I don't suppose your father is here too?" Asked Genevieve.
Salazar sighed and shook his head, "I'm afraid not. His soul was too mangled and corrupted to make it into the next life. He will forever be stuck in limbo".
"Harry told me something similar once. I wish there was a way for me to free Tom from his eternity of pain" admitted Genevieve.
"He chose his path, and made choices that led him to where he is now. But you chose to heal your soul, so that you could join us here" replied Salazar.
"I'm glad I did, because now I get to see you two again"
"And you never have to lose us. For we will be by your side, forever"
"Forever, sounds like an awfully big adventure"
"Then lets get started"
"Together?"
"Together".

The End.

*****************
Thank you for reading my series until the end.
I hope you liked it. 😊

If you have any questions about this book, a previous book, or my next book which I will be starting in a day or two, please ask away, and I will try and answer all of your questions. Or if you just want to know more about me, that's fine too, ask whatever you like.

Thank you for going on this journey with me.
I wanted to show a more human side to Tom in this book, without turning him into a hero. For he is still a mass-murderer and a bad person.

If you liked it, please check out some of my other books.
For something similar try, The Dark Lords Pet Princess, but be warned it gets very dark.
Or for some Marauder content, try my Not A Monster series.
Or if you want more Harry, try my Diggory Is A Loser trilogy.

If not, have a good day. And as always, Mischief Managed.