54. Until The End

Genevieve felt like the worst person ever, when the Hogwarts fighters exited the school to face the death eaters.
All the students and teachers, were looking at the death eaters with such hatred and loathing.
Some people were even crying and screaming, as they saw Harry's body in Hagrid's arms.
With the boy dead, Tom had removed the protective charm around Nagini, and he was now stroking her head tenderly.
When the wailing of the rebels became too much, Tom flicked his wand, silencing their opponents.

"Hagrid, set him down at my feet, where he belongs" instructed Tom.
Hagrid had no choice but to oblige and place Harry on the floor in front of Tom.
"It is over! Do you see now? Harry Potter is dead. He was nothing but a boy who relied on others to sacrifice themselves for him. He was killed while trying to sneak out of the castle grounds. Killed while trying to save himself" continued Tom.
"Liar!".
A boy emerged from the crowd, and charged at Tom, who disarmed him with ease.

"And who is this? Who has volunteered to demonstrate what happens to those who continue to fight when the battle is lost?" Questioned Tom.
"It is Neville Longbottom, my lord. The son of those aurors I tortured into insanity, trying to find you, all those years ago. The boy who has been giving the Carrow's so much trouble" answered Bellatrix.
"You still failed to find him back then, even though you tortured the Longbottoms until they lost their minds" hissed Genevieve, so that only Bellatrix could hear.
"Ah yes, I remember. But you are a pure-blood aren't you, my brave boy?" Quizzed Tom, having not heard Genevieve.
"So, what if I am?" Spat Neville.

"You show spirit, and bravery, and you come of noble stock. You will make a very valuable death eater. We need your kind, Neville Longbottom" informed Tom.
"I'll join you when hell freezes over. Dumbledore's Army!" Shouted Neville, causing his fellow students to cheer.
Genevieve couldn't help but smile at his bravery. But she was worried that there would be terrible consequences for the boy, for standing up to Tom.
"Very well. If that is your choice, Longbottom, we revert back to the original plan. On your head, be it" sighed Tom.

Tom flicked his wand, summoning the sorting hat to his hand, from the headmasters office.
"There will be no more sorting at Hogwarts. The emblem, shield, and colours of my noble ancestor, Salazar Slytherin, will suffice for everyone. Won't they, Longbottom? Neville here is going to demonstrate what happens to anyone foolish enough to continue to oppose me" continued Tom.
Genevieve frowned, as Tom's revelation was news to her.
He had never mentioned getting rid of the other houses before.
And as she had Ravenclaw blood inside her, she was angry and hurt that Tom had chosen to abolish the other houses, especially without talking to her first.

With a flick of his wand, Tom commanded the sorting hat to land on Neville's head. And a second later it burst into flames, filling the courtyard with Neville's screams.
Genevieve wanted to help the boy, to stop his torture, but before she could even raise her wand, Tom stopped her with a look.
This look reminded her that she had no choice but to be loyal to him. She had chosen his side, and it was too late for her to change her mind.
And if she disobeyed him, she would put Mathilde in danger, which is the one thing she just couldn't do.

But as Genevieve looked away from Tom, everything changed.
Suddenly, a large giant turned up, shouting Hagrid's name, and knocking over anyone in his path.
Centaurs, Thestrals, and a Hippogriff also appeared out of nowhere, and began attacking the death eaters. As did a bunch of witches and wizards, who Genevieve assumed were the parents of the students who were in the castle, and who had come to protect they children.
A bunch of house-elves from the kitchen had also appeared, wielding cooking utensils, and using them to attack the death eaters.

In the confusion, Neville was able to throw the burning sorting hat off his head.
As he did, a silver sword fell out of it and onto the floor.
Before anyone could stop him, Neville picked up the sword, charged at Nagini, and sliced off her head with one swoop. Destroying, what Genevieve assumed was Tom's last Horcrux. Meaning that he was no longer immortal.

Tom's angry screams were drowned out by the sound of the battle recommencing.
He ran forward, chasing after the retreating students and teachers, who were making their way back inside the castle.
As more and more people joined their opponents side, Genevieve had a terrifying thought that they were now outnumbered, so might not win the fight.
Genevieve stuck close to Tom, protecting his back while he fought off numerous attackers at once. Because now that he was mortal, there was a chance that she could lose him.

As Genevieve looked around the room, she saw death eaters dying, left, right, and centre.
First Yaxley, then Dolohov, Macnair, Greyback, Rookwood, and Thicknesse.
Most of Tom's inner circle were now dead.
The only one still standing, was Bellatrix.
But when a spell, sent by the deranged woman, got too close to Molly Weasley's only daughter, the red-headed matriarch stepped in to fight Bellatrix.
"Not my daughter, you bitch!" Shouted Molly.

Bellatrix laughed, "What will happen to your children, once I've killed you? Who will look after them, when Mummy's gone the same way as Freddie?"
"You will never touch my children again!" Screamed Molly.
This only made Bellatrix laugh more.
But Genevieve knew that laughing in the middle of a fight made you sloppy.
And her theory was proved right a moment later, when Molly's spell hit Bellatrix right in the chest, killing her instantly.

Tom saw his loyalist servant die, and it fuelled him with rage.
For a moment, he forgot that Genevieve was stood right behind him, and he unleashed a powerful explosive force, throwing everyone near him into the air.
Genevieve, McGonagall, Kingsley, and Slughorn were all thrown several feet across the room.
When Genevieve hit her head on the floor, her vision went blurry, and as she stood up, she could've sworn she saw Harry Potter run towards Tom.

Genevieve blinked rapidly and rubbed her eyes.
And when she opened them again, she realised that she hadn't been hallucinating. Harry Potter was really alive.
Everyone in the room stopped fighting, and instead they formed a semi-circle around Tom and Harry, to see what would happen next.
Harry then began to explain how he had come back from the dead.
He also revealed that Snape had been a spy for Dumbledore all along.
And that because Draco had disarmed Dumbledore, that night on the Astronomy tower, before Snape killed him, Draco had become the master of the Elder Wand.

Then Harry revealed his biggest secret.
He had disarmed Draco at the Malfoy Manor, which meant that he was now the master of the Elder Wand.
"So, it all comes down to this, doesn't it? Does the wand in your hand know that its last master was disarmed? Because if it does, then I am the true master of the Elder Wand. And as we know, a wand will not work properly against its true master" reminded Harry.
"You think that will save you, Potter? I am the most powerful sorcerer alive. I can beat you with any wand, even if I am not its master" snapped Tom.
"I guess we will find out the truth" replied Harry.

Tom and Harry both raised their wands at the same time, and fired spells at each other.
"Expelliarmus!" Shouted Harry.
"Avada Kedavra!" Screamed Tom.
The two spells met, and Tom's curse rebounded, hitting him in the chest.
Genevieve could do nothing but watch in horror, as Tom's body fell to the ground.
She kept looking at him, praying that he would get up and prove Harry and the prophecy wrong.
But he didn't. His body remained still.
Tom Marvolo Riddle, was dead.