45. I'd Give My Life For Her

After an hour of having her mind forced into by Tom, Genevieve lay on the floor, with her knees pulled up to her chest, in considerable pain.
Tom sat on an old trunk in front of her, shocked by everything he had seen in her memories.
"I can't believe you were the one who sent Mathilde away" Tom said quietly.
"I didn't have a choice. I had already lost my sons to your cause, and I wasn't willing to lose my daughter as well" admitted Genevieve weakly.
"You hid my daughter from me. You sent the Heir of Slytherin to live with a pathetic Squib! You allowed her to associate herself with Mudbloods and blood traitors. She even lives with a Mudblood, whom she believes she has feelings for" replied Tom, unable to hide the contempt in his voice.

"Mathilde does love Hannah. Her blood status does not bother Mathilde" admitted Genevieve.
"She is confused, that's all. She cannot have feelings for another woman. Mathilde is the Heir of Slytherin, she must pass on the family genes. And to do that, she must marry a man" announced Tom.
"She's not some young child questioning her sexuality. She's a fully grown adult, who can make her own decisions. And she is in love with Hannah. You cannot change her sexuality and make her like guys, just because you want her to. That's not how it works, and you know it. My father was bisexual, and my aunt was gay. So, I know that people don't always fall in love with those that society wants them to. And that is O.K. Love is love, no matter who it is with".

"Love is irrelevant. She can do what she likes behind closed doors, provided it's not with a Mudblood. But she must marry a man and have children, because that is what is expected of her. Besides, I am more annoyed that she has fallen for a Mudblood, the gender of the Mudblood is irrelevant" admitted Tom.
"Hannah cannot help being a Muggle-born. She was born that way. So, she cannot be blamed for being a witch. Besides, at least Hannah is a witch, your father was a Muggle" replied Genevieve.
"Shut your mouth! Mudbloods are scum, as you know. Your father raised you to hate them, so it's not just me who despises them" reminded Tom.
"I don't believe in everything my father preached. And I have come to see, that there really is nothing wrong with Muggle-borns".

Tom stood up from the trunk in anger, "You have gone soft in your old age".
"I disagree. It's hard to go soft, when you were never hard to begin with. You've seen all my memories, so you know that I never enjoyed killing or hurting people. And I don't think that showing mercy is a weakness" admitted Genevieve.
"You and Mathilde have both lost sight of what is most important. Once I get her back, and kill her Mudblood girlfriend, I will remind you both how important it is to keep the bloodlines pure" replied Tom.

Genevieve pushed herself up off the floor, and withdrew her wand.
"You will not touch her" threatened Genevieve, as she pointed her wand at Tom.
"And you're going to stop me? You forget that I've read your mind, I know how much you love me. You could never hurt me, and you now it" smiled Tom.
"You underestimate the things I will do to protect Mathilde. That's always been your problem, you underplay the importance of a mothers love. Mathilde is happy, and I am not going to let you take that from her" announced Genevieve.
Tom stepped closer to her, so that her wand tip was touching his chest.
"Go on then. We both know you cannot kill me. My Horcruxes keep me alive, and grounded to this earth. I can never die" reminded Tom.

"I will kill you over and over again, if that is what it takes to protect my daughter from you. For there is nothing I wouldn't do for her" revealed Genevieve.
"Really? You would kill your husband, your soul mate, for a child you barely know, who does not want you in her life?" Asked Tom.
"I gave her up, to keep her safe. I even went to Dumbledore for help. Doesn't that just prove that I will do anything to protect her" answered Genevieve.
"I can't believe you would really choose her happiness over my life".

Genevieve sighed and lowered her wand.
"Look, our daughter is gone, and she will never come back. The girl she has grown into, is not our child. She will never be the perfect Slytherin that you want her to be. She will never change her views on Muggle-borns. And if you kill the woman she loves, she will never forgive you. I don't even know where her and Hannah are, for I took them out of the country, and told them to run. Hunting them down and dragging them back here, will only cause us all pain. You have taken everything from me, including my father. You sent my sons on suicide missions, you forced me to make a Horcrux, and you have just tortured me. So please, for my sake, just let them go" begged Genevieve.

With Genevieve's wand lowered, Tom placed his hand around her neck, and glared down at her with his red eyes.
"I should kill you right now for betraying me. I should make you feel the pain I felt when I was ripped from my body in Godric's Hollow all those years ago. Maybe then you will think twice about lying to me" threatened Tom.
"Go on then. We both know you don't need me. The Ministry can run without me, and your death eaters don't really need me to keep them in check, while you are off roaming the world. And that slut Bellatrix could fulfill all your sexual needs. So, go on then, kill me. Because if you think I am going to stand back like I normally do, and watch as your hurt our daughter, then you are mistaken" snapped Genevieve.

Tom tightened his grip around her neck for a moment, before releasing her.
As he stepped back, Genevieve took in several deep breaths of air.
"If I do this. If I stay away from Mathilde, what will you give me in return?" Questioned Tom.
"Anything" answered Genevieve honestly.
"Anything? Really? So, if I asked you to fight alongside me, you would do it?" Quizzed Tom.
"Of course"
"If I asked you to torture people, using the Cruciatus Curse, could you do it?"
"Yes"
"And if I asked you to kill dozens of random people, would you do it?".

Genevieve sighed, and nodded her head, "If you swear to leave Mathilde and Hannah alone. And never interfere in their lives. I will do anything you ask. Since you no longer trust me, I expect you will be using Legilimency on me a lot from now on. So, you will be able to tell if I keep secrets from you again. Which means that I won't be able to lie or go behind your back ever again. I have no choice but to obey your every command. And I will do it willingly, to protect my child".
"It seems we have come to an agreement then. Since Mathilde really is no use to me anymore, I will let her go, for your sake... And now it is time for me to get what is rightfully mine. Since my trust in you has gone, you will be coming too. It is time for me to finally get my hands on the Elder Wand! So, off to Hogwarts we go!" Announced Tom.