46. Tombs And Chambers

Genevieve and Tom apparated to Hogsmeade, where Severus Snape was waiting for them.
As the new Headmaster of Hogwarts, Snape was going to escourt them to the castle, to make sure no one stopped them.
Genevieve struggled to keep up with the boys, as she was still very weak from being tortured. But Tom didn't slow down for her, as he was desperate to get his hands on the Elder Wand.
The thick snow and strong winds, certainly didn't make the climb up the mountain any easier.
The school was quiet when they reached it, since it was the Christmas holidays, and all of the students had gone home.
This meant that the three of them could cross the grounds without being spotted.
"You should return to the castle Snape. We will join you once we have done what we came here to do" informed Tom.
Snape bowed his head, "Yes, my lord".

"Actually, I want to join Snape inside the castle" announced Genevieve.
Tom frowned, "I don't want you leaving my side".
"I can't apparate on school grounds, so I'm not exactly going to go anywhere" reminded Genevieve.
"But I want you with me. And you promised to do everything I said"
"I don't want to disobey a direct order, but please don't make me come with you. It's freezing out here, and I don't want to spend any longer than necessary outside. I also have no intention of watching you do what you about to do. When you're done you can come and find me in the castle".

"Alright fine, you can stay inside the castle" relented Tom.
"Thank you Vee" Genevieve said quietly.
"But the castle is a big place, so how will I know where you are, when I come to find you?" Questioned Tom.
"You've known me almost all my life. You know what I'm like, and you remember where I used to go when I wanted to be alone. So, I'm sure it won't be hard for you to find me"
"Fine, I'll go off by myself then. See you later".

Tom wasn't in the mood to press the subject, as his focus was on getting the Elder Wand, so he allowed Genevieve to head back inside the castle.
"Are you quite well, my lady?" Asked Snape, as Genevieve stumbled up the stone steps that lead into the school.
"I'm fine" mumbled Genevieve.
"If you are not, I could heal you" offered Snape.
"Thank you Severus. But I'm afraid that would not be wise. Your master would be angry if he found out you helped me. I disappointed him, and now he wants me to suffer, to make up for my betrayal. Besides, I have no physical wounds that you can heal, for it's my insides that hurt" revealed Genevieve, as she massaged her temples.

"Just because there is no physical reason for your pain, it doesn't mean I cannot help you" Snape said quietly.
"What exactly do you have in mind?" Asked Genevieve.
"I may only be an expert at Potions, but I do know a thing or two about healing magic... Do you trust me, my lady?" Questioned Snape.
"I'm not someone who trusts easily... But yes, I do trust you".
Snape removed his wand and placed the tip against Genevieve's temple.
She gasped as the pain in her head faded, leaving her able to think clearly.
Her body still ached from the torture, but her mind felt clear and peaceful.

"Thank you Severus" said Genevieve, as Snape lowered his wand.
"No matter how angry the dark lord may get, I know that deep down he loves you, and doesn't want any harm to come to you" replied Snape.
Genevieve sighed, "If only that were still true. But I fear he will never love me again, after what I have done".
"You must show him that you love him, and give him a reason to love you back"
"Maybe you're right. I expect he will forgive me eventually. Afterall, I am going to be stuck with him until the end of time... You may go now Severus, I do not need a chaperone, for this castle was my home once, and I know all its secrets".

Snape bowed, before heading off upstairs, leaving Genevieve alone.
Once she was sure no one was looking, she headed for the girls bathroom.
Being in there brought back so many memories, good and bad.
Genevieve used Parseltongue to open the Chamber of Secrets, and once inside, she followed the tunnels, until she arrived in the main room in the chamber.
This was the place her and Tom used to hang out in secret. It was also where they lost their virginity, so the room meant a lot to them.

Lying in the middle of the room, was the dead body of the Basilisk, the creature that had once obeyed their every command.
They'd used it to petrify Muggle-borns, before it eventually killed one, forcing them to close the chamber, to avoid being caught.
The Basilisk's eyes had been gorged out, and it was lying upside down with its mouth open.
It had a fang missing, and Genevieve knew Harry had used the fang to stab Tom's diary, destroying the Horcrux inside.
The deadlyness on these fangs, was the reason Genevieve had entered the chamber.

After seeing how little Tom really cared for her, Genevieve no longer wanted to spend all eternity with him.
Since Basilisk venom was one of the few things that could destroy a Horcrux, she planned on taking one.
If she ever saw Mathilde again, she would take back her Horcrux, and destroy it, so that she would die a normal death like everyone else.
Genevieve pulled out a fang from the Basilisk's mouth and wrapped it up carefully, before placing it inside her pocket.

Since Genevieve didn't want Tom to find her down there, she quickly made her way out of the Chamber of Secrets, and up to the Astronomy tower.
She enjoyed looking out at the Hogwarts grounds from up high. But she just wished she was seeing it in the summer, instead of the winter.
"I should've known you'd be up here".
Genevieve spun around and watched as Tom approached her.
"Well, it was one of our favourite spots. And it does have one of the best views in the country" admitted Genevieve.

Tom joined her side, and together they looked out at the countryside.
"Have you been up here the whole time?" Asked Tom.
Genevieve shook her head, "No, I've been all over the school. I even popped into the Chamber of Secrets, for old times sake".
She knew she had to tell Tom a portion of the truth, to put him off the scent, and stop him from using Legilimency on her.
"Why would you go down there?" Questioned Tom.
"We spent a lot of time down there, studying, and plotting world domination. We also had sex for the first time, inside the chamber" answered Genevieve.
Tom smiled, as he remembered that event, "Yes, I know we did".

"So, did you get the wand?" Quizzed Genevieve.
Tom removed placed his hand inside his robes and pulled out the Elder Wand.
"It was exactly where you said it would be. It's nice to know that you weren't lying about that" admitted Tom.
"I told you, I have no more secrets from you anymore. You've been inside my head. You've seen everything" mumbled Genevieve.
"I was suspicious that you had lied to me once again, when you chose not to accompany me to get the wand"
"Just because I had no desire to see you break into Dumbledore's tomb, and pull the Elder Wand from his cold dead hands, it doesn't mean I was up to anything bad".

"Let's hope you continue this streak of not lying to me" said Tom.
"I promised to never betray you again, in exchange for my daughter's safety. And I have no intention of breaking my promise" informed Genevieve.
As a strong breeze blew through the tower, Genevieve shivered, as the cold winter's air hit her.
Tom sighed, before removing his cloak and placing it around Genevieve, to keep her warm.
"Come on, lets go home" announced Tom, as he turned and headed out of the tower.
Genevieve frowned in suprise, as she realised that a small part of Tom did, and always would, love her.