55. Justice

The great hall erupted into cheers, as everyone began to clap and shout for joy.
Everyone converged on Harry, and began praising him for defeating the evil Lord Voldemort.
No one but Genevieve, was looking at Tom's unmoving body, which lay on the cold stone floor.
She felt as if her world was coming to an end.
Her and Tom had been in each others lives since they were 11 years old, and Genevieve didn't know who she was without him. And she was scared about how the good guys were going to punish the wife of Lord Voldemort.

So, with everyone's focus on Harry, Genevieve tried to slip out of the great hall unnoticed.
But as she got to the entrance hall, somebody stopped her.
"Hey! Where do you think you're going?".
Genevieve sighed and turned around.
Harry stood in front of her, with his wand raised. He wasn't alone either, as some of his friends and guardians stood behind him.
"Hello, Harry Potter. We haven't been formally introduced, despite meeting many times, my name is Genevieve" said Genevieve.
"I know who you are. And you must know that I can't let you go" informed Harry.

"But you can't kill me either. You could destroy me, but you don't have the power to kill me. No one does" admitted Genevieve.
Harry frowned and lowered his wand, "You have Horcruxes too?.
"A Horcrux, singular. I only ever made one. Because my husband made me create a Horcrux, after the deaths of our sons, as he didn't want to lose me too" revealed Genevieve.
"Why did Dumbledore never tell me about your Horcrux? And why didn't he have me hunting them too?" Questioned Harry.
"Because I was not the enemy. And you had more than enough on your plate tracking down my husband's Horcruxes".

"Besides, Dumbledore didn't know I had a Horcrux. And it might suprise you to learn, that Dumbledore actually liked me. We met several times during the war, and had a mutual understanding. So, he wouldn't have wanted you to kill me" continued Genevieve.
"Why would Dumbledore associate himself, with someone like you?" Frowned Harry.
"Dumbledore was a man with a lot of secrets. And I happened to know some of them. To keep me silent, Dumbledore did me a favour. Which is why we met several times, in the Hog's Head, behind my husband's back" explained Genevieve.

"What secrets of his, did you know?" Asked Harry.
"I knew of his relationship with my father, and that he was in possession of the Elder Wand. These were two secrets he did not want anyone to know about, while he was alive" answered Genevieve.
"What favour did he do for you in return?" Quizzed Harry.
"He hid something for me. Something important that I couldn't let my husband find"
"What was it?"
"That is a secret I will never tell. I will not ruin anymore lives".

"You have already destroyed so many" spat Harry.
"Yes, I know" agreed Genevieve.
"You must pay for your crimes" replied Harry.
"I haven't killed as many people as you think" Genevieve said softly.
"You lived with a murderer, and watched as he committed unspeakable acts. Which makes you just as guilty as him, so you have to be punished"
"Then you are going to have to destroy me, for I will not go back to Nurmengard. I will not spend eternity alone, in a prison cell. Isolation can make someone lose their mind. And since I cannot die, I will almost certainly go insane, if I am thrown back into jail"
"But I can't just use the killing curse on you. I've never used that spell before, and I never want to"
"Then it appears we are at a stalemate, for I would rather die than go back to prison".

"Mother!".
Genevieve turned her head and saw Mathilde and Hannah running across the courtyard towards her.
She felt as if her prayers had been answered.
Not only would she get to see her daughter one last time, but she could finally destroy the Horcrux her daughter carried for her.
When Mathilde reached her, she immediately threw herself in front of Genevieve, to protect her. And to Genevieve's suprise, Hannah did the same.

"Please, don't kill her" begged Mathilde, as she looked at Harry.
"Mathilde, what are you doing here?" Questioned Genevieve.
"It's a long story. But we heard there was a fight taking place at Hogwarts, so we decided to come back to Britain, to fight for our home" replied Mathilde.
"That was a stupid and dangerous thing to do. Especially as you knew your father was going to be here".