49. Blood On Her Hands

Genevieve felt exhausted, physically and mentally when she got back home.
Her and Tom had spent at least an hour torturing the Malfoy's and Greyback. Tom knew so many different ways of causing a person pain, and he made Genevieve copy everything he did.
Even though it made her feel sick to the stomach, she had no choice but to follow his commands, in order to keep Hannah and Mathilde safe.
When Genevieve returned to her bedroom, she was horrified by what she saw in the reflection of the full length mirror.
Her dress was stained with the blood of those she had hurt. And she knew it would never wash out, for it was not just the clothing that was stained, it was her soul.

Although Genevieve had killed people before, she had always used the Killing Curse, which left no physical scar on the persons body, and killed them before they had time to feel any pain.
She had never returned home with blood on her clothes before, and seeing the red stains staring back at her, frightened her.
Genevieve didn't know what kind of a person she was becomming, as she had always refused to use the Cruciatus Curse, until that day. And she knew that now she had used it, there was no turning back, for once you had used all three Unforgivable Curses, your soul was dammed forever.

Genevieve screamed in anger at her reflection, before beginning to tear her dress off her body, leaving her standing in nothing but her undergarments.
She then sat down on the ground, and pulled her knees up to her chest.
Every time she closed her eyes, she could see the terrified looks on her victims faces.
She had refused to hurt Narcissa and Draco, but that hadn't stopped Tom from torturing them, and making her watch.
And even though she hated Bellatrix and didn't like Lucius, she had hated causing them such pain.
She wasn't a twisted person like Bellatrix, and watching someone suffer never brought her joy.

The sound of tiny footsteps approaching, brought Genevieve back into the present, and she watched as Peter walked over to her.
The Niffler had sensed her distress and come to comfort her.
Genevieve picked up Peter, and held him close to her chest.
Having him in her arms, brought her some comfort, but it was not enough to take away all her pain.
Genevieve wanted nothing more than to snuggle up in bed, with Peter in her arms, and forget about what she had done.
But she knew Tom would expect her for dinner, so she had no choice but to join him.

"You've changed" commented Tom, as Genevieve walked into the dining room wearing a black dress.
"Yes, well my other dress had a lot of stains on it, after everything we did at the Malfoy Manor" admitted Genevieve, as she sat down and allowed Tom to push her chair closer to the table.
"Ah, yes, that can happen. Never mind, I can always replace the dress, or buy you a different one if you like" offered Tom.
"Thank you. That would be most kind".

"I must say, that I was impressed with how you performed, back at the Malfoy Manor" praised Tom, as he sat down opposite her.
"I'm glad I pleased you" replied Genevieve.
"There was a small part of me that was worried that you wouldn't be able to use the Cruciatus Curse. So, I'm glad you proved me wrong" admitted Tom.
"Let me guess, you thought I was too weak to use it?"
"That particular kind of spell requires the user to be in a certain state of mind. Which is why I didn't think you would be able to do it. For you're not like Bellatrix, who enjoys making people suffer"
"I'm terribly sorry that I'm not like that psychopath".

"You being different to her is not a bad thing. And I'm sorry for doubting your abilities. You really are my soul mate, and you proved that today. You worked so well with me, and I had forgotten how good we are at working as partners. Seeing the anger and coldness in your eyes as you tortured the Malfoy's, pleased me greatly" revealed Tom.
"Well, I aim to please" sighed Genevieve, as she pushed the food on her plate around with her fork, for she did not have an appetite.
"You are certainly a very different person to the girl I married. You have proven yourself willing to do anything I say" smiled Tom.

"Yes, but don't forget that I only follow your every word, to keep my daughter safe" reminded Genevieve.
"Our daughter, is perfectly safe as long as you continue doing everything I ask of you. And since I know your love for her, is so great, I know you won't hesitate to follow all my instructions. I do not need to worry that you will betray me again, as long as our daughter lives" replied Tom.
"Does that mean you will assign Jugson elsewhere, and stop him from stalking me?" Asked Genevieve.

"Not yet. I have not completely forgiven you for your betrayal. But, if you can continue showing me how loyal you are, then perhaps once we have killed Potter, I will allow you to have your freedom back" answered Tom.
"But it could take us years to find and kill Harry. That boy has more lives than a cat, and seems to be a master escape artist. We do not know when he will next emerge" reminded Genevieve.
"Do not fret. Now that I have the Elder Wand, killing him will be no problem. And I intend on killing him, before he has the chance to grow into a potential threat. The boy cannot stay hidden forever, as he has proven in the past. I'm sure he will make his appearance known in a few months. And when he comes out of hiding, I will be ready" announced Tom.

"I look forward to that day then, if that is going to be the day you start fully trusting me again. I can't wait to get Jugson to stop tailing me" admitted Genevieve.
Tom smiled, "Is he that bad to be around?".
"Yes. When you have him walking two steps behind you everywhere you go, it's a nightmare. He's not exactly the most exciting person to be in a conversation with either. And he doesn't really know me" answered Genevieve.
"I'm sorry I chose him then. But he was very eager to prove himself to me" informed Tom.
"Yes, I know".

"His eagerness has faded somewhat, since I assigned him the task of watching over you" commented Tom.
"Well, standing outside my office door for hours at a time, probably isn't much fun" replied Genevieve.
"No, I suppose it's not" agreed Tom.
"I also threatened to kill him, if he didn't stop ordering me about. And he hasn't stepped out of line since I threatened him. So, I guess he is scared of me now"
"You threatened to kill him?"
"Yes, he was annoying me. He thought he knew best, and I had to remind him who was boss. I was not about to be told what to do by a child"
"That's what I love about you, your feistyness. I'm glad that you put him in his place. I am the only one who is allowed to give you orders, and everyone should know that"
"Well, they certainly do now. The whole of the Wizarding World seems to fear me, almost as much as you"
"And that is how it should be".