f i v e

"Ok, so here's the plan," my dad started saying what we were doing. I drifted off, not caring to pay attention. I picked at nails, popping a sunflower seed into my mouth. I yawned and stretched, hoping he'd get the hint that I didn't need a plan. I ran things on my own. Nobody told me what to do and I thought he would know this by now. "Y/n, care to listen?" He asked.

"Nope." I said with a smug look on my face. He rolled his eyes. What. A. Douche bag. Nate looked at me and smiled. I looked away, still a little upset at the hell he put me through. After about 10 minutes of my father's useless blabbing, he told us to get dressed, and dress nicely. I stood up, running upstairs. When I got to my room, I realized: I didn't have any dresses. I never wore dresses! I wasn't a dress girl. Shit, what was I gonna do? An idea popped into my head and I slowly walked into my moms old room. As I opened her closet, I was accompanied by a sweet fragrance of memories. Her coconut shampoo, her lavender lotion that she'd rub on my arms and legs every night before bed. A small tear rolled down my cheek.

I looked in there, and pulled out exactly what I was looking for. I pulled it out and ran to my room.

*TIME SKIP*

Walking down stairs with a dress is like if someone was squeezing your waist together. Never try it. Ever. As I walked down, I saw Nate look up at me, breathless. My dad saw me and, wait a minute. Was that a tear?

"Dad are you... crying?" I cocked my head and stared at him. He turned away, wiping his eyes.

"Allergies..." he sounded muffled and I rolled my eyes. Nate was still staring at me.

*NATE'S POV*

"Okay, so you know what you're going to do?" Sully asked and I nodded. He looked behind me and I turned around, watching y/n struggle to walk downstairs. But I wasn't looking at that. I was looking at her gorgeous dress, and self. She was wearing a lightly sparkled short velvet dress with long sleeved. Her hair was curled and pulled into a small plop of hair on her head (except it looked good, I didn't know how to describe it so it sounded attractive lmao). She had light makeup on and her beautiful outfit was completed by a pair of black Docs. She looked amazing compared to my black tuxedo and my smoothed back hair. She blushed and stood there. "Dad are you... crying?" She asked and looked closely. I looked at him as a small tear rolled down his cheek. He turned around and wiped his eyes. "Allergies..." she rolled her eyes.

I turned back around and kept staring at her. How she moved a stray piece of hair behind her ear or, how the shade of her blush looked very nice with her skin tone. Or even, how the sparkle in her eye had never changed one day, never ceased to take my breath away.

"Anyways... can we go now?" She asked looking back at me. I looked down and blushed. I nodded and looked at Sully who was now sobbing.

"Yeah. Wait-" Sully stopped and stared at me as i finished buttoning my suit. "What's with the cat?"

I stared at him. "The cat? Oh, it's for you. Your life seemed kinda lonely."

He rolled his eyes and raised his voice. "I don't want the cat! It's gonna shit all over my floor!"

"Oh my gosh. Okay yeah let's go." I rolled my eyes and Y/n brushed past Sully, not giving him so much as a glance.