³²trauma

they all watched as the helicopter grew smaller and smaller, flying away in the distance

they all watched as the helicopter grew smaller and smaller, flying away in the distance. they let out their own cries, all in different expressions. some in fear, some downcast, and some in frustration. 

y/n's wide eyes stared at the parting flying vehicle, her hands gripping the rifle handles tight, her knuckles almost turning white. the emotions she felt right now were... indescribable, i guess. she didn't know what to do at that moment, but keep her e/c irises on that vehicle.

was she angry? she didn't know... if she were, about what? that they were leaving? without them? that her father showed no attention towards her once again? that her father didn't even know or care whether she was alive or not? or maybe... it was because she was the only one that was going to be rescued just because of the importance of one man. 

if she weren't related to him, she wouldn't have been told to get on that helicopter, nor would there have been a thought to save her. she also wouldn't have known that information about why they were there, or that there was even a possible cure for this chaos. if she wasn't related to him, she would've been shot dead, the moment she knocked those soldiers down. (or maybe not. y/n's cool-as.)

it were moments like these that she remembered why she went numb. the pain, the sadness, sorrow, anger, unfairness, neglect, abandonment... they were just too much to handle. she hated feeling weak, to cry, to feel your bones, mind, body, grow fragile, all because of the pressure being thrown towards her. she loathed it.

it was the part of the reason why she wanted to grow strong, to leave behind her shitty past, and create a new future to distract her. it was like a cliché protagonist, antagonist, or whatever you would describe it-- story. where the main character went through a rough childhood, and got sick of it so they told themselves to suck it up and grow stronger. to know their worth. 

it's the mental part that sorted them, whether they were truly good or not. protagonists -- or heroes if you prefer -- were sorted into the mindset to save everyone, to destroy the bad guys and to keep their world happy. antagonist's -- or villains -- were introduced as the mentioned bad guy, that they're selfish as they prefer to destroy the world just to retrieve whatever they want, whether it be power or a specific item. 

what if you're a mix of both then? which category do you go to? the side character one? a background character? are you even going to be a character? 

it all didn't matter, really, as in this reality, whether you're a bad guy or good guy, side character or not, people's words and actions eventually hit you in the face. and it's up to you, whether you're going to let it affect your or not, and if you do, are you going to become the bad, good or stay in between?

back to y/n, she had shut off those remorseful, pain-filled emotions, as she didn't want it to cloud her mind space again. she had wanted her mind set to change from feeling emotional pain and letting it ruin her, to having fun inflicting physical pain on others and making everything some sort of high fantasy.