³⁵gym hall

they then managed to make it to the gym hall, meeting up with the others as well

they then managed to make it to the gym hall, meeting up with the others as well. however, as soon as they entered the place, y/n stopped. hyo-ryung thought this was her cue to get off, as she was now on her own feet.

"guys..." y/n started, holding the gun cautiously, as if it a bat. 

"run." nam-ra stated, as the lightning struck, illuminating the whole gym. their eyes widened as they had seen the horde of zombies that occupied the place, who all had managed to sense them as well. 

they then grabbed each other, directing them away from the zombies mouths. "in here!"

whilst everyone had started piling onto the room, y/n was hitting the zombies away from the storage room door. she continued hitting it with the gun, knocking them towards the floor. "can i fire?!" the girl yelled out, obviously wanting to ask first as it'll be loud if she did.

"no! get inside the room y/n!" ha-ri had yelled back. y/n had then kicked another zombie away, looking back towards the room. as she was about to enter, she had seen the two jang siblings leave again, going towards the other girl and pulling her. 

"no! let go of me, you asshole!" the other girl exclaimed, trying to get out of ha-ri's hold. y/n then looked at the sight in front of them, seeing someone being eaten by a few zombies, which the numbers then increased. 

she helped them pull her back towards the room, practically carrying her as she took hold of her waist and carried her inside the room. as she was being carried, she was yelling out more words, telling them to let her go and such. 

whereas on the floor before them, was the guy who remained unknown to her, holding a zombie's leg, telling them to hurry and get out of here. "no! joon-seong! joon-seong! joon-seong..."

must be lovers or something... y/n thought, as she looked at the boy on the floor sadly, before fully pulling the other girl inside the room. wu-jin and ha-ri had shut the door, holding it shut as they locked it, trying to catch their breath.

y/n had then fallen onto the floor, still holding the girl by her waist as she cried, crying for the loss of her friend. y/n had simply held her in silence, as the other girl had poured out her tears. the room was silent, as they were all processing the multiple things that had just happened, as well as catching their own breath. 

slowly, the girl she held calmed down, as her cries softened. y/n then changed their positioned, that instead of just holding the girl by the waist, she hugged her comfortingly.

she gently pulled the both of them towards the metal crates that stood beside the wall, so that she could lean herself against it. her hold against the girl didn't falter, simply wrapping her arms around her, holding her close to her. 

mi-jin sniffled as tears continued to stream down her face, along with the water from the rain. she could feel the girl from earlier hold her, slowly pulling her with her. she then felt her arms retract, and for some reason, she thought that she was going to leave, just like joon-seong did. 

mi-jin grew attached to people easily, hence why she preferred staying by herself. so the relief that she felt when y/n's arms wrapped around her was evident, as she grabbed the other girl's hands tight, not wanting to lose her as well, despite just meeting her a few minutes ago. 

y/n was awake the whole night

despite being tired, she couldn't sleep. she simple kept her eyes open and wide, staring at nothing in particular. she was seated beside ha-ri, as wu-jin slept on her other side, his head on his lap whereas ha-ri's was on her shoulder. 

everyone else slept, somewhat peacefully. surely what had occurred last night haunted them, but the fatigue had eventually reached them, and they'd fallen into slumber. 

from the small window at the top of the room, light had peeked in, signaling that it was now day, and the sun had risen.  she simply sat with her legs outstretched, mi-jin's head on her left thigh as she played with her hair, and fiddled with the gun that rested on her right side.

no, not like how she did last night. simply grazing her fingers over the metal parts. she wasn't touching the trigger. 

her eyes wandered around the room, seeing cheong-san awake with on-jo sleeping on his shoulder. she opened her mouth, "how are you feeling?"

her soft voice reached cheong-san's ears, as the boy looked up to her. he couldn't find the words to leave his mouth, but no tears left his eyes either. 

"you've been awake the whole night as well," the girl continued. "she was on your mind the whole night, wasn't she?"

"what do i do, y/n?" he softly asked, a crack in his tone. "how do i live? knowing that majority of the people that i care about are..."

y/n thought about it, "well, it hurts at first. you'll feel as if your suffocating underneath all their departures loading on you... but... i guess, it'll eventually disappear. when you've found it, you'll start to feel like yourself again. it'll take a while, but it'll still happen. you just gotta wait."

"what's it?" cheong-san asked.

y/n darted her eyes at on-jo, smiling at the girl sleeping peacefully on the boy's shoulder. cheong-san didn't seem to notice this, as his troubled eyes focused on her. she then turned her eyes to cheong-san, smiling at him simply. "i guess you'll also find that out over time."

cheong-san sighed, before somewhat smiling back at her.

"cheong-san," she called out to him, "just remember to not give up."