⁴⁶safe site

they were tired

they were tired. but that's okay. cause they were here.

they were finally here.

the amount of people they've lost, the trauma they've witnessed, the blood that was shed, it's all over. they'll be okay now.

after reaching the train track around some early time in the morning, they were escorted inside the facility after making sure that they weren't zombies or such (y/n got past cause she doesn't show any signs that she's a zombie)

now, y/n was seated on some wheelchair with wu-jin pushing her, as two boxes of materials rested on her lap. they were going through a dim hallway, locating the rooms that they were assigned. 

"y/n!" a voice yelled, catching both of y/n and wu-jin's attention. their heads turned to their left, seeing a man holding a baby.

her eyes widened at the sight of her uncle. "uncle jae-ik."

the man looked so relieved seeing her, leaning against the barricaded windows. "good... you're still alive."

she tilted her head to the side. "did you think i would die? you know how i am, correct?"

"yeah. i do." the man retorted. "i know you have a freaking death wish."

she frowned. "why does everyone think i have a death wish!?"

"because you do babe." wu-jin mumbled, though it was loud enough for the other two to hear."

"hey!" 

"babe?"

wu-jin kept a neutral look on his face, ignoring the confused and skeptical look the man sent him, as well as the hit that y/n just through at him. he shrugged. "just saying."

jae-ik narrowed his eyes at the boy with his niece, before looking back at the girl in the wheelchair. "okay... you guys should get going, wash yourselves up and such."

wu-jin bowed his head at the man. "we will. thank you."

"see ya later!!" the girl waved a hand at him, as wu-jin began to push her seat. as they were a couple rooms from the man, y/n sighed. "okay, good. he didn't question why i was in a wheel chair nor why my clothes are covered in blood-"

"i'm not an idiot y/n! i'm asking you about that later!" the two teenagers heard the adult yell, causing the girl to sink into her chair.

"i'm in trouble..."

lying down on a nursing bed, the girl was currently getting her injuries stitched up

lying down on a nursing bed, the girl was currently getting her injuries stitched up. the ones that she received before turning into a quarbie. somehow, the cuts and burns she received after being infected had slowly healed, however the ones before hand hadn't.

though, her wounds still left a mark. so remember that deep gash she received on the school rooftop? when she fought gwi-nam and he decided to slide a knife down her leg? yeah. a mark was left on that spot. 

she was all clean now, free of blood, dirt, and any other remnants that stuck to her out there. her other clothes had been disposed of, seeing as it was permanently stained with zombie blood.

after falling from that building, her lags had apparently, shattered. i mean, from that height, she was glad that other parts of her body wasn't. however, as her healing processed very slowly, multiple bone fragments were still broken into many pieces, meaning she wouldn't be able to stand on her own two feet for a while. it would've been that she wouldn't have been able to walk on her legs forever, however, when y/n was able to move her toes slightly, as well feel all things that made contact with her legs, the doctors were bewildered, as they had never really seen a case like this before.

the nurse beside her was currently stitching up the deep cut that had not healed from a few days ago, as y/n was currently receiving a scolding from her uncle. she was ignoring him though, as she was completely focused on the baby in her arms.

albeit having limited sane emotions, she liked children. they somewhat made her calm. unless they started crying, she was ready to throw it away. (i'm sorry but i had to make her like this i love children but i absolutely hate it when they start crying or throwing a tantrum cause i have no fucking clue what to do--)

jae-ik noticing that his niece wasn't listening to her, simply sighed. he was mad at the fact that the girl had gone psycho again and completely disregarded her health, which lead to how she had multiple wounds on her, as well as breaking almost every bone on her legs. but he was relieved. she was alive, and with him. that was all her cared about as of now.

"have you talked to dad?" the girl asked, her eyes not leaving the baby's, her fingers reaching up to it's cheeks - grazing over it. 

the detective could feel his body freeze, not really expecting the question. "er- no..."

y/n hummed. "figured." she then turned her head to the soldier that was guarding their door. "hey. soldier guy. where's seon-mu. where's the commander?"

the soldier ignored her. he didn't know how the girl knew their commander's name, especially his first name. but he refused to tell her, as he didn't know what this girl's connection was with their former commander.

"hey. i'm asking you a question-"

"he's gone." another man answered, walking in the room. choi sung-won, the now-first-in-command of this facility, answered. "he killed himself."

"boss-"

"it's alright." the man stated, looking at the soldier who was guarding their room. "she can know, she's admiral seong's daughter."

this made the soldier's eyes widen.

"he did it because he bombed hyosan, didn't he?" y/n scoffed, leaning back onto the pillow with the baby still in her arms. "he felt guilty."

"if you're going to-"

"i'm not talking bad about him." the girl murmured. "however, i wanted to see him. to give him a piece of my mind."

sung-won scoffed. "he did it for the sake of korea! he wouldn't bomb a city for fun-"

"i wasn't talking about that." y/n cut him off, finally meeting the man's eyes. "i bet it would've been a hard choice. but that's not what i was talking about."

"then what are you talking about?"

she looked away from him, looking back down onto the baby. "it doesn't matter. he's dead. there's no point."

she wanted to ask why they were left behind, why he suddenly instucted those soldiers to lwave them behind. but it was no use, as he was already dead.

"y/n-"

"hey..." she immediately thought, thinking out loud. "this baby kinda looks like hee-su..."