Chapter 10: Tricks, Fries, and Diarrhea

Hey! I'm so happy for the wonderful support I've been having lately. I've been having so many good reactions. Thank you all so much for all your comments/votes! I love you, guys! Enjoy :) Contains errors!
______________________________________

The sun was warming my room as I sat still in front of Cami, who held my hair tightly with her hand. Yanking, she started to braid my hair and I was trying to control my urge to scream. The calendar on my wall signaled that it was Friday and my phone showed the time as 5:21 pm. With Violette's strategies, she reminded me of details that we had agreed on. Camille finished my French braid and then laid it so it landed on my shoulder. She grabbed bobby pins and started putting them in places where my hair stuck out. She moved in front of me and started to clip my bangs with the bobby pins. She made a nice swirl with my long bangs and then put spray. Camille rubbed her chin, thinking what else to do with me. She grabbed my box of makeup. Suddenly, I was powdered with light blush, eyeliner, and mascara.

"Wearing no lip gloss will show you aren't interested," Camille explained, "but having eyeliner and mascara will show you are fierce. The braid is a simple thing that shows informality just like your outfit." She smiled at her work. I was wearing black skinny jeans and a dark blue blazer with a white shirt under that said 'Smile.' Camille said that my black Converse would make it look more casual so I wore them.

"Liv, listen now," Violette said. "You are an actress and you got this. Repeat it."

"You are-"

"In first person," Vi said and rolled her eyes.

"I am an actress and I got this," I repeated and confidently smiled. I did have this.

*  *  *

Camille and Violette left after a while of preparation. I was sitting in bed, mumbling small encouraging words as if I was going to the Hunger Games. I had watched that movie way too many times and I felt like I was living it. Now, my question is where is my Peeta?

When I heard the doorbell, I jumped from my bed to the ground. I tried taking a step but I stumbled on my two feet and fell. There was a loud sound when I hit the floor.

"Ouch," I whispered and tried getting up but I slipped down again. Finally, I was able to balance and took a look in the mirror. I flattened some of the hairs that were out of place and walked to the door. I discretely felt my pocket for my phone but I didn't feel it in my right pocket nor my left. Suddenly, I looked at my hands to find my phone being held by me. I sighed at my silliness and kept walking. I saw that Pa was laughing and then he saw me. He motioned Hunter to go in and he did.

Hunter was wearing jeans with a white dress shirt and a blue tie. He wore dress shoes and another rose in his hand. I walked to him when Pa motioned me to go to him. He left to the kitchen, leaving Hunter and I alone.

"This a rose for you, Liv," Hunter winked. I smiled, forcefully. "Now your first rose has a partner." I chuckled, nervously.

The first rose he gave me ended up somewhere in the garbage can. After I walked to class that day, I forgotten about it. By now, the garbage truck was carrying a wilted rose without knowing it.

"Ready to go?" he asked and I nodded. I put the rose on a counter.

"I'm leaving, Pa! Adiós," I yelled so he could here me.