Chapter 12: Stuck in the Mall

This is not at all what I expected. When I woke up this morning, I did not expect to be stuck in a closed mall with Hunter Levi. I did not expect having him right by my side as we hid in a cabinet. Most of all, I did not expect having his breath so close to mine that I could feel his lips.

This afternoon Camille and Violette decided to take me to the largest mall in Los Angeles. Hoping to find perfect clothes for Cami's upcoming birthday, they ran along to every other store they saw. Knowing that Violette hates driving at night, I knew this was not going to last long.

It was a week after my trip to the restaurant with Hunter. He didn't show up to school at all last week which meant that I didn't have to see his face but Courtney attended. With her usual high heels and long hair, she walked passed me as if I were invisible. Her eyes were icy hazel and filled me with fury. Although I knew what she was up to, she looked unpredictable. Alicia lowered her head when she passed by me. Following her was Alexis, she didn't even bother look at me and flipped her hair. Hoping that she was just sticking to her paper, I looked away.

On Saturday, at the mall, Vi and Cami dragged me to Victoria's Secret, assuring me that they weren't there to buy bras for a special night. I believed Vi not Camille. Knowing that Cami was easy to go for, she was certainly going to have a night at her party. Trying on all kinds of fragrances, she finally decided on four and I got two for myself. Violette just bought a body wash, stating it is the most productive item.

As we walked around the mall, trying to find the "perfect" outfit, I found myself no where near Camille and Violette. Unfortunately, the mall was huge and so was the crowd of people. Making my way through them, I made it to a spot in where there was no one. The doors revealed a sunset and small red rays of sunlight. Suddenly, I felt a push from behind and wind that ran passed me. Camille and Violette were running away from something but not knowing exactly what it was, scared me. I ran next to them. Opening the doors, we found ourselves in the parking lot.

"What are we running away from?"I asked but Camille didn't answer. Violette didn't listen to me.

"Is he anywhere in sight?"Cami asked.

"Who's he?"I asked them.

"This creepy guy we bumped into. He was trying to grab Camille's arm but I pushed her away." I rose an eyebrow but they pointed a finger behind me. A man opened the door to the mall. He was wearing a black hoodie and black jeans. As soon as he saw us, he started running. I followed Camille and Violette to the car but as soon as we found it, the guy had reached us. Although my best friends were lucky enough to get into the car, I wasn't and they didn't notice. They drove off without me.

The creepy guy looked straight at me now with a smirk formed. His yellow mishaped teeth smiled. I was nice enough to smiling, hoping that my friends had just misjudged him. I stood still as he walked closer to me and touched my cheek. In disgust, I started to cough and run away. He ran behind me. My eyes were blurry and shapes formed in front of me as I made a new way. I noticed a black car in front of me and away from the guy. I was able to hide and catch my breath.

"What are you doing here?"I heard from behind me. My once warm blood became cold and sank to my feet. I turned around as a reflex and found myself looking at blue eyes. "What are you doing hiding in my car?" He rephrased after noticing I didn't answer. My eyes cleared out to see a perfect picture. An image that I had seen so many times. My burning cheek became cool as I felt a drop of water run away. It must be raining, I thought. I wiped my cheek.

"Nothing,"I replied but it sounded weaker than I expected. He gave me a questionable look. I ignored his eyes and shifted in order to try to find the creepy guy. He wasn't anywhere. I stood up and walked away. I felt a hand in my shoulder and I flinched.