Chapter 21: Camping With Fire

Hello! I recently posted a new story called 'Catch Dreams.' Would you do me a favor and go read it? It'll come out officially in August. I would appreciate it massively if you took the time to read/vote/comment and give an opinion :)! I hope you like it.
___________________________________________

Hunter Levi knew better than to open his mouth about Courtney in which he didn't, meaning he wasn't going to spoil his act. Unfortunately, he still had a way to get back at me. The camping trip. I could just imagine a million scenerios in where he would annoy me. Two days with Hunter would be horror, leading to my desperate death. I couldn't trust him with the smallest rock, making it worse when it came to a mountain, or a cliff. Fortunately, I had an hour and a half left of freedom.

Avoiding the thought of Hunter Levi, I listened to music as dad drove the car. Pa was fast asleep, leaning on the window. I had promised to bring no electronics to the camping site, meaning my phone had to stay behind. Knowing I couldn't argue, I had to do what I was told. For now, I was spending every single second with my precious phone. As I played Subway Surfers, I got two texts. One from Violette wishing me luck and another from Hunter letting me know he was on his way. Ignoring Hunter's, I replied to Vi, thanking her. Also, I let myself enjoy some snacks on the ride, including cookies, chips, and juice. After fourty five minutes, my head started to feel heavy and hot. My throat tied and my stomach was trying to be an acrobat. Leaning my head on the window, I fell asleep.

When I woke up, we were in a place full of trees. The breeze was fresh, bringing a small light to me. The air smelled like dirt and pine cones which became a natural combination. The ground was made of concrete filled with small pebbles. Ahead, the green path of grass followed with humongous trees that looked like they could touch the sky. The leaves were amazingly green for January but most of them laid on the ground. Small yellow rays of sun were seen through the forest. My eyes widen as I examined the dark bark and the roots that hid under the ground. The sky was blue, making me enjoy the last few seconds of glory. When I looked to my right, I saw a black car park next to us. Sighing, I grabbed a backpack with supplies and put it around my shoulder.

With sunglasses on, Hunter came out of his car. He smirked when he saw me. Pa came out of the car by that time.

"Hunter!"he said, excited. Dad and I rolled our eyes at the same time. He looked at me and I shrugged, disinterested.

"Mr. Walker- I mean, Ken,"Hunter greeted. "Mr. Holt, how are you?" Dad ignored him as he took out the tent. "Liv!"

"Don't want to talk to you,"I said and started following dad who walked through the forest. After five minutes, we reached our destination. Dad put the tent on the ground. I put the backpack on a wooden table.

"I can't believe you invited him,"dad said to me.

"I can't believe it myself,"I said.

"I'll let him know what hell is,"dad joked. I laughed.

"I think you already are and all you do is glare at him,"I said. He chuckled. "I'll help you get the other tent." He nodded as we walked back. I carried the bag of the smaller tent to the site and laid in on the ground. Hunter was behind me, carrying a tent of his own.