Not So Boring Picnic

'by Pervy_Mel'

: Hinata Shoyo x Tsukishima Kei

___________________________________________
It was a sunny day of Summer, the first in a long time after several days of rain. Shouyou decided it was the perfect day for a picnic with his boyfriend even if he knew the latter wouldn't be thrilled by it; Shouyou really wanted to spend the day outside with Kei and the only thing he found was going on a picnic.

When he woke up, Shouyou finished preparing the food he wanted to bring; the fanciest thing was a bottle of Kei’s favorite white wine and individual strawberry shortcake; he carefully put everything in a basket. Once he was ready, Shouyou grabbed a big blanket and left his apartment to go pick up Kei.

They weren't leaving together yet, Shouyou asked him countless times, but Kei always said that it wasn’t the right time yet and Shouyou didn’t know when the right time would be, so he was determined to ask each time they were seeing each other.

Shouyou parked his small car in front of Kei’s apartment building, got out and walked to the fourth floor; using the spare key Kei had given him, Shouyou unlocked the door like if it was his own apartment, maybe one day it would be.

"Kei, I'm here," he said, closing the door  behind him."

"Where are we going?" asked Kei, appearing from the living room.

"You will see when we will get there." answered his boyfriend with a mischievous smile.

Kei gave him a suspicious look but didn't say anything; he put on his shoes and grabbed his jacket.

When he got into the car, he noticed the basket on the back seat and sigh:

“Are we really going to have a picnic?”

“Yup,”

“Seriously, you know how annoying it will be with all those bugs around us.”

“Babe, stop complaining, it will be fun.”

“You better make it fun, if not you are not allowed to choose our activities ever again.”

Shouyou chuckled,  he knew that while his boyfriend looked displeased, deep down he was happy to be able to spend time with him, no matter what they were doing.

Arriving at the destination, Shouyou grabbed the blanket and the basket before walking in the direction of a small area by a lake. The couple found a quiet place, where they could talk without being disturbed.

Putting the basket on the ground, Shouyou spread out the blanket and let Kei sit on it while he was taking out the food he had prepared. He started by taking the wine bottle out with the two glasses that he had carefully wrapped. He didn’t want to bring cheap plastic cups, he really wanted wine glasses.

“Wine?”

“Yes, your favorite,” said Shouyou while opening the bottle.

He slowly poured the light golden liquid before giving it to his boyfriend. After pouring himself a glass he cheered at this first date they had in a long time.

The couple ate and talked about their respective upcoming game and how it was going at the museum. Shouyou promised Kei that he would visit the new exposition soon. Kei knew he would because he was always visiting the museum when there was a new exposition held just to see Kei being a nerd about it.

Once they had finished eating, Shouyou put everything back in the basket and sat behind Kei.

"What are you doing?" asked Kei when he felt the calloused hand of his boyfriend wandering under his shirt.