Close Your Eyes, Hear My Voice

'by FireflyMoon'

:Hinata Shoyo x Tsukishima Kei

___________________________________________

“How many fingers am I holding up?”

“Would you stop testing me, Kei?” Shouyou giggles, reaching out blindly for Kei’s thigh. “I promise, I can’t see through the blindfold. Seriously, where are you?”

There’s a faux annoyed huff as Kei takes Shouyou’s hand and rests it on their knee. “I’m right here, stupid.”

“You know, I don’t think this is how you should talk to me,” Shouyou coos.

Kei grits their teeth, glad Shouyou can’t see. How dare he look so smug when half of his face is hidden with the cloth? Honestly, who gave him the right?

“This was a stupid idea,” Kei mumbles. “I– sorry.”

“Hey.” The smile falls from Shouyou’s face and he rubs Kei’s knee reassuringly. “This isn’t stupid. I think it’s cute that you wanted to find a way you could praise me in bed without getting embarrassed.”

Kei sighs. Maybe it’s a good idea, maybe it’s not, but they know Shouyou won’t back out of it. And it’s his right not to, because Kei promised him body worship, under the condition he was blindfolded and can’t see Kei’s face while they do it. Both of these things are for Kei, as it is. Kei loves Shouyou, loves everything about him, and while they love to banter and tease, they don’t want him to doubt their love for him.

It started because Kei overheard Shouyou talking to his teammates.

Bokuto was easily convinced that Shouyou really was happy with Kei, but Atsumu wasn’t so much. Said that every word from Kei’s mouth was dripping in disdain, and he couldn’t imagine why Shouyou would stay with someone who talked to him like that.

Never before had someone misunderstood their demeanor with Shouyou so badly, and Kei felt like their chest was going to cave in on itself. They’d slept that night wrapped around Shouyou like a squid, desperate to figure out how to make him know.

Eventually, this was what they landed on, and Shouyou was more than pleased to go along with it.

“Just start whenever you’re ready,” Shouyou says gently. He pulls his hand back and places both behind his head.

This isn’t about anyone else, Kei reminds themself, because this is about Shouyou. And god, he’s a vision before them. His body is bare except for the blindfold, open and trusting. Kei’s fingers itch to touch, to trace, to memorize every part of him…

Kei brings their hands up Shouyou’s sides slowly, just so he doesn’t spook at their first touches. They cradle his cheek in their hand, look at the way Shouyou looks so small when they hold him. Their chest is tight with emotion; they’re not sure they can say anything just yet.

Instead, Kei leans down, close enough that Shouyou can feel their breath on his lips. Shouyou squirms a little with anticipation, and Kei laughs softly. That makes Shouyou pout, and it’s so cute that Kei decides to be merciful. They kiss him, tender and full of love. Shouyou melts, letting one hand thread through Kei’s hair.

“I love you,” is the first thing Kei finally manages to say.

“I love you,” Shouyou echoes, smiling up at them.