He doesn't need a boy. He needs a man.

'by mouippon'

: Hinata Shoyou x Kozume Kenma

___________________________________________
"What the fuck, Kenma? Why'd you bail on the date again?"

Kenma rolls his eyes in annoyance, not taking his eyes off his game. It's recurrent at this point-his best friend keeps introducing him to other men, it's getting annoying. It's not that he doesn't want to get to know other people; he's way over that emo phase of his; it's just that all the men who are being introduced to him are fuckboys. They think too highly of themselves and clearly only want the sex.

No. Kenma doesn't want that. He wants something more.

Serious.

Mature.

"Stop it, Tetsurou. I'm not interested in dating." Kenma clicks his tongue, quickly glancing up at his friend, who's looking at him with an irritated expression before focusing back on his game. "And besides, you only introduce me to fuckboys."

Tetsurou scoffs and raises his brow at him. "How can you say that they're fuckboys? They're my friends, and they're good guys." Tetsurou moves to grab his game away from him, but Kenma kicks his friend away, making him fall off the bed.

"Ow! Fuck! Why'd you have to kick me?" His friend complains while trying to soothe his hips.

"Figures. Birds of the same feather. The guys you've been trying to hook me up with are just like you." Kenma says in disgust. "I told you already. I don't want fuckboys."

"But Hajime isn't a fuckboy!" Kuroo yells half-heartedly, still lying on the floor. "You know what, whatever, he said he's already up for it anywa-"

"Stop it already, you fuck. I've told you to stop introducing me to others!"

"Just tell me why? You don't even have a boyf-"

"Hey, kids. What's with all the yelling?" Someone says, walking inside the room. He's wearing a suit, wearing his signature necktie, and as usual, his Rolex. Kenma smells it, his scent-the scent of a man.

Suddenly conscious of the stare he's getting, he bites his lower lip and lowers down the pillow he was about to throw at his best friend. He doesn't say anything, doesn't even look at him, since he knows that if he looks at him right now, he's bound to melt.

"Dad, hey! You're home! Why're you home early today?" Tetsurou greets his dad and stands up from the floor. "I thought you still had to go meet a few investors?" He asks while turning on the tv to watch whatever's on Netflix.

"Yeah, I was supposed to, but then I heard that Kenma was coming over, so I told them I'll meet them next time." Kenma's eyes widen in panic, looking over to him, and he sees that the man isn't smiling. He isn't fooling around. He looks serious. Kenma tries to question him through his eyes because, damn it, he needs to be careful of what he's saying when Tetsurou's around, but the guy, his best friend's dad, continues to stare at him like he's challenging him.

Kenma knows it already.

He knows that he isn't afraid of Tetsurou finding out, but Kenma is.

"Huh?" Tetsurou blurts out and looks at Kenma in confusion, a bit weirded out on what his dad said.

"Yeah, I was planning to cook for you guys but it seems like you both have eaten already?" The man says, focusing his attention on Tetsurou. "Do you guys want some snacks instead?" He smiles.

"Too bad, dad, you should cook for us next time!" His best friend exclaims, having already forgotten what his dad said a while ago. "I already miss your cooking!"