On The Hill Where The Stars Are Falling

'by yeastlings'

: Hinata Shoyou x Miya Atsumu

___________________________________________
Ever since Hinata had returned from Brazil, he'd had a newfound steadiness. He did everything slowly, properly, harnessing his still-abundant energy into making sure that each step he took was solid.

Atsumu liked that about him. Though they'd been dating since Hinata's third year of high school, their relationship had been long-distance until Hinata had finally come back to Japan last month. Now Atsumu got to experience the new, mature Hinata in person, including that steely discipline of his. Usually, it was kind of hot. Right now, though? It was driving Atsumu crazy.

"C'mon, Shouyou-kun, I really, really wanna! And we agreed we were gonna do it tonight!"

"I know, but what if you're not ready? I could seriously hurt you."

Atsumu groaned and flopped onto his back. The mattress creaked as Hinata kneeled next to him. A frown creased his forehead. Atsumu sighed. Even if it was driving him crazy, Hinata's concern was sweet.

He laid a hand on his thigh. "I told ya, I'll be fine. I've been, uh...practicin' lots."

Hinata's lips twitched up. "Practicin'?"

Atsumu blushed. "Shut up! Ya know what I mean."

He still couldn't say "stretching myself open so you can fuck me up the ass" without turning into a sweaty, red-faced mess. Even though Hinata had watched him doing it over video chat and fingered Atsumu himself, too! But it was different when he was in the heat of the moment and could only think about how full he felt.

Hinata laid his hand over Atsumu's and squeezed. "I know we've been really careful, and I know it's taking a while. I just want to be sure."

"Shouyou-kun, I've been waitin' and thinkin' about this for a long time. I'm sure."

Hinata worried his lower lip. "It's your first time. I want it to be perfect."

"Yeah? Well, it was my first time when we jerked each other off and when I went down on ya, too. It was perfect then, and it'll be perfect this time. I trust ya."

"Atsumu-san." Hinata's voice wavered, somewhere between laughter and tears. "It was not perfect. Remember, you-"

Atsumu shot up and clapped a hand over his mouth. His face burned. They'd had sex for the first time the night before Hinata flew to Brazil. There had been a lot of crying, mostly on Atsumu's side.

"I remember, I remember! But it was perfect anyway, 'kay? 'Cause I felt safe, and I felt really good." He let his hand drop and twisted the bedsheet in between his fingers. "I want you to feel safe, too, so...we don't hafta do it tonight."

Hinata cupped his face and Atsumu leaned into the touch. He was still memorizing the landscape of his callouses. They sat in silence for a minute, Hinata's thumb sweeping across Atsumu's cheek in a steady rhythm.

Then Hinata said, "I want to do it tonight. Really. Can you just promise me that it's going to be okay?"

Atsumu turned his face and pressed his mouth to the center of Hinata's palm, where the skin was still soft. "Yeah," he said. "Everything's gonna be okay, Shouyou-kun. I promise."

*

It was hard to think clearly when there were three fingers buried inside him, but Atsumu held himself together and watched Hinata through half-lidded eyes. Hinata had a look of intense concentration on his face. Half of it was from concern, but the other half was clearly arousal. He panted as he scissored his fingers, and when Atsumu cried out, he moaned.