Prequel: Love Island 2019 Application & Auditions

Love Island S2: 'A bit of me'

Summary: This fic is largely based on the Love Island game, Season 2, with a few twists and turns along the way, similar to the actual show. Fun new challenges are added (e.g., Snogathon, Good, Bad, and Sexy, Sexy Charades, Muggiest Mug, Snog, Marry, and Pie) along with some new games around the infamous fire pit (e.g., Tower of Truths, Suck n' Blow, Never Have I Ever, Sexy Beer Pong). Beach Hut Confessions will be included similar to how they are in the actual show, along with Saturday's 'Unseen Bits' show and Sunday's 'Aftersun' show.

Chapter 1: Application for Love Island 2019

Last season, 98,000 'hopefuls' auditioned for 'Love Island,' the UK's most popular reality show. The application and audition-casting process is notoriously gruelling to nail and a rigorous process designed to weed out the faint-hearted and half-arsed. It's a lengthy process, and no one jumps the queue. Whether producers scout potential islanders at clubs, shops, and local events or applicants go online and apply, the application process is the same. The producers want people with interesting personalities as well as those who will create content in order to keep their viewers interested and entertained. A casting producer will call you for a phone interview and invite you to a nationwide "Casting Day" if your application is accepted. These interviews—group and individual—involve 1,000 "hopefuls." The producers will observe your on-camera behaviour over 2-4 rounds of interviews. Expect questions about past relationships, turn-offs/ons, and why you're looking for love. One of the first questions the producers ask is if you would choose love or money as they want contestants who are open to finding love. Only 90–100 "hopefuls" get called back. At that stage, you undergo a 'Fitness to Participate' assessment, which involves mental and physical health checks. Finally, 30–40 islanders are selected to appear on Love Island as one of the 10 or 11 original islanders (OG), a bombshell, or a Casa Amor arrival.

London, January 2019

"How are you going to top my birthday next year, you hot babes?" Sophia squealed with delight. They spent a relaxing day at the spa with a luxury pamper package that included hairstyling and gold facials.

"Wishing you a happy birthday, sis!" As they clink their glasses, Grace cheers.

"Thanks!" Sophia grins.

"I got the cake!" exclaims Kate. She emerges from the kitchen carrying a delectable-looking lemon elderberry cake that she places on the coffee table. Sophia is about to cut the cake when Grace stops her.

"Wait-, wait, the candles and you gotta make a wish!" Grace says as she lights them.

"Make your wish." Kate says, with a wink, as if it were self-evident. Before blowing out the candles, Sophia beams up at the girls with delight.

She raises her eyes to you. "All I want is for my-"

"Grace to win Love Island and bring home a daddy for Lando and Padme." A bubbly giggle came from Kate, a sign that she was a little tipsy. I rolled my eyes as laughter erupted from the two.

"When referring to somebody I'm seeing, please don't say daddy." Grace scolded Kate in a playful manner. I was nowhere near interested in a daddy per se for my two pets, Lando and Padme. Their contagious laughter, though, began to bubble up in my own chest.

"Seriously, Grace, the casting director was correct; you'd be ideal for Love Island." Sophia encouraged me.

Kate and Sophia and a few other followers kept tagging Love Island in Grace's Instagram and Youtube posts, grabbing a show producer's attention. She was messaged by a casting producer asking her to apply online. At 22, Grace was ideal villa fodder; she was attractive and very toned from all the years of dance, with a healthy following on Instagram, YouTube, and Twitch.