EP 11 Pt2 When life gives you dates, Part II

Continued: Dates part II...

Iain Stirling:

Well, hold your horses because you're about to be in for a wild ride.

'Those horses have legged off to the Hideaway.

They couldn't keep their hooves off each other.'

And by the looks of it they were "neigh"-ked!

They're absolute animals!

Anyhoove, how do you end a horse riding date?

On a Farm...

Grace pov. "Oh, hay!"

Gary chuckles. "Hello, neighhhh-bour!"

You both giggle at each other's pun. They weren't the funniest you've heard before, but you were in such high spirits after riding a horse. You walk hand-in-hand over to a pond where there is a romantic picnic for two waiting. 

"I actually really enjoyed that." He adds, "Check out this view!"

You take in the clear blue skies and spectacular landscape. "It sure is beautiful."

"No, I mean this view, right here," he said with a charming smile as your eyes locked.

Oh, my days! When he smiles so charmingly and says such sweet things to you, he makes you feel all giddy like a teenager again. "Thanks, Gary."

"Mate, look at this place." Gary said. "Reminds me of the first really good date I ever went on." You looked up at him, asking, "Your first date was in a vineyard?"

"Well you know we've got some in Kent. I used to work at my uncle's farm machinery company and I met this girl on a job. Her dad owned a couple of fruit farms and we used to go picking together. And now the taste of strawberries always reminds me of..." His voice trailed off. "Anyway, shall we sit down?" He gestures to the blanket on the grass.

We both sat down, making ourselves comfortable on a blanket large enough for Gary and you to sit on together. Sitting opposite you, he can't hide his beaming smile as he takes it all in. You asked flirtingly, "So, you like what you see?"

His smile widened. "I mean, in that outfit, how can I not?"

Gary opened the hamper, setting out the contents of bread, cheeses, big olives, fruit,  and wine that were inside. You were enjoying watching his face morph from pure happiness to surprise as he finds a new item. He looked like a kid in a candy store. He beamed at the array of food. "... nice."

You lay out the food on platters. "Oh, this is lovely!" You admire the gorgeous local apples that have been sliced expertly into roses and huge strawberries. Sexy and healthy, Oh, some chocolate would be nice. You look into the basket, and after unearthing some chocolate truffles, you place them next to the fruit. Delish.

"This is super fancy," Gary says, admiring how beautifully you laid everything out. He pops a strawberry in his mouth. "And tastes amazing, too." He pours you both some wine. "Wine?"

"Sure, I'll have some Chardon...hay."

Gary's eyes lit up at your pun. "You crack me up, Grace." They laugh. He asks, raising his glass, "What should we drink to?"

"To our first date!" You give him a dazzling smile that causes his heart to skip a beat. He held his glass up, clinking it against yours as he murmured, "The first of many, perhaps?"