Prequel: Arrival and Lockdown

Summary: The contestants have to agree to strict rules when they sign up, and agree not to tell anyone they're going on Love Island. Producers go to great lengths to ensure that they do not meet before the show and that their identities are kept hidden from the public before they enter Love Island. The contestants arrive at different flight times and days, and stay in different accommodations on the island. Your chaperone doesn't let you out of their sight.

After seven days of virtual confinement, Grace was finally going to the Love Island Villa as one of the ten original islanders, or OGs, as they are called. Hopefully, Grace makes it to the finale with her heart in one piece!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

London & Sittingbourne- May 2019

After graduation, Grace moved into her mum's apartment in the heart of Marylebone, Central London

After graduation, Grace moved into her mum's apartment in the heart of Marylebone, Central London. When my mum remarried, she turned it into a holiday rental. After her passing, my grandparents decided not to sell the apartment and kept it as a vacation rental. A few years ago, the apartment was fully modernised with a mid-century design and modern furnishings. My last week before jetting off to Love Island went by quickly. On Monday, she took Lando and Padme to Sittingbourne. I stayed for a few days, returning late Wednesday evening to London.

Grandad kissed my cheek goodbye and said, "I'm so proud of you, sweet pea."

As always, my Nana gave me a big motherly hug. Her parting words were, "Be confident, be yourself, and above all, know your self-worth."

I wiped away a few tears, blew them a kiss and waved goodbye. It was going to be hard not to see or talk to them on the phone while on Love Island. They had been so loving, supportive, and great role models, even before I lived with them after my mum's passing.

Friday and Saturday were salon and beauty treatment days with Kate. It would have been hard not to inform your best friend that you would be gone for up to 4-5 weeks. Kate had supported me from the beginning, from the application to the interview, and had always urged me to participate in the show. Kate moved to Sittingbourne from Germany fifteen years ago. We met when she came to my grandparents' farm to stable her horse. Kate had even spent a few summers with my family in Texas. In terms of appearance, we are polar opposites; she is 5'8", has blonde hair, blue eyes, and a fair skin tone. Kate has a striking resemblance to German 400m runner Alica Schmidt in appearance. I've lost track of how many times she's been asked if she's related to Alicia. We started with a complete body massage and waxing at Canonbury Beauty (brazilian and underarm wax). Then we went to the hair salon in the afternoon for a haircut and style. On Friday evening, we had a small dinner party with some close friends. It was difficult not to tell any of them that I was going on Love Island.

On Saturday morning, we headed to The Light Salon-Facial Bar for a nourishing deep cleanse followed by a restorative facial massage to stimulate circulation and depuff the skin. These treatments were amazing, and my face glowed as a result. Your skin doesn't need any downtime. Afterwards, we stopped for lunch before heading to the nail salon for a manicure and pedicure. After supper, Kate assisted me in organising my items for packing. The day passed by too quickly, and in the early evening, Kate left for her home, wishing me luck and telling me to bring home a hottie!